Engineering – Engineering /
Cord is a product-first company building tools that make modern day team collaboration better than it has ever been. Our culture is open, nurturing, and transparent. We hire brilliant people and give them all the freedom and context they need to do great work. At Cord, we believe in hiring for talent, hard work, and team alignment. You won’t find managers chasing people for expense reports or requiring day-off approvals. We care about the work our team gets done, not about what time they clock in or which days they take off.
Because we’re early stage, our most core value is iteration over perfection. We ship new features at least weekly. We’re constantly trying to learn what we’ve missed or what we’ve gotten wrong. The team is curious, switched-on, and creative. Day by day, we’re getting closer to a sticky product that our users love.
We’re looking for an engineer to join our team and help us build something great.
Our ideal teammate
- Thinks getting things done > making things perfect
- Likes delivering features and seeing how users respond to them
- Maintains mastery of their tools (TypeScript, Git, etc. – whatever tools you use)
- Wants to work on a team that has Silicon Valley DNA, but European values
- Creates clarity from ambiguity
- Finds multiple ways to solve hard problems and always chooses the most pragmatic solution
- React / GraphQL
- Real-time / Apollo / WebSockets
- TypeScript monorepo (server and client)
While the list above includes the core of our tech stack, it’s worth pointing out that it doesn’t matter if you know any of this on day one. We run onboarding sessions and trust that bright folks will learn our tech stack on the job. If you’d like more info about our tech stack, check out these posts: Client-side tech breakdown and Server-side tech breakdown
What can you offer me?
- A very competitive salary and early-stage stock options
- Best available private health and dental cover for you and dependents
- Uncapped PTO
- A parent-friendly culture
- Whatever equipment you need
- Local (Shoreditch, London) - Tue-Thu in office and Mon, Fri work from home. A thoughtful, focused culture minimizing unnecessary meetings.
- You can become an expert in the fundamentals of building a product from scratch and into scale. You will have support and guidance from our team of veteran operators with multiple exits and experiences in key positions at $1B+ companies behind them.
- What else? We’re new, shape it with us!