Los Angeles, CA /
Finance and Accounting – Accounting /
Who We Are – About Core Digital Media
Core Digital Media is focused on empowering people to improve their lives financially. For the last 20+ years, our products such as LowerMyBills are fueled by an industry leading marketing platform and connect tens of millions of people with a wide range of financial institutions.We are a proud member of the Rocket Companies family [“RKT” on NYSE] and work in close partnership with its sister companies Rocket Mortgage, Rocket Homes and Rocket Auto on a mission to help people make smarter financial decisions for every stage of life.
Who We Are Looking For
Core Digital Media is looking for a qualified accounting professional to join their finance team. Someone who is hungry for knowledge and enjoys wearing multiple hats and taking on new responsibilities as needed. This position will prepare and maintain the company’s financial records and ensure that accounting records are in accordance with GAAP and company policies. Key responsibilities include month end close, journal entries, Accounts Payable invoice processing, and account reconciliations.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Support operations for the General Ledger, Accounts Payable, and monthly close process.
- Prepare month end journal entries, reconcile general ledger accounts and assist with all accounting functions.
- Prepare and process AP invoices, monitor for due dates, and prepare related accruals and schedules as needed.
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Respond to ad-hoc information requests and assist with audits
- Ensure accounting records are prepared and maintained in accordance with GAAP and the company’s accounting policies.
- Collaborate with management in process improvement and/or system enhancement initiatives.
- Additional duties as assigned
What You’ll Bring To The Team
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 3+ years of experience as an accounting professional
- Both General Ledger and Accounts Payable experience preferred
- Experience working in cloud finance systems (Workday preferred)
- Understand US GAAP accounting concepts and principles
- Strong analytical skills essential
- Strong PC skills required
- A self- starter with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and organize workflow
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
Core Digital Media an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Core Digital Media is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. CDM provides employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.