Los Angeles, CA
Finance and Accounting – Finance
We have been crushing it in direct-response advertising for almost 20 years, using a combination of people, platforms, and data to turn ad impressions into high-quality customers for our clients. Our websites, including LowerMyBills.com, WalletJoy.com and PolicyPilot.com, are fueled by an industry leading marketing platform and power the connection of millions of people every year with a wide range of financial institutions who are able to help improve those people’s lives.
We operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment where everyone on the team “comes to win”. Our work environment is highly entrepreneurial and our success comes from our team members who voice their opinions and ideas to build great products that facilitate growth to our bottom line. Core Digital Media rewards hard work, promotes from within, supports career development and fosters a fun and friendly work environment.
We are seeking an Accounting Manager to work under the general direction of the VP of Finance, oversees the maintenance of the company’s financial records and ensure that accounting records are maintained in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and company policies. Key responsibilities include financial statement analyses and process improvement of accounting processes.
- Support operations for the General Ledger and the monthly close process.
- Ensure accounting records are prepared and maintained in accordance with GAAP and the company’s accounting policies, chart of accounts and related accounting principles and practices, and that subordinate ledgers reconcile with the general ledger.
- Manage the AR and AP functions
- Prepare periodic financial statements and analyses.
- Develop methods of providing accounting data for non-standard reports and statements.
- Collaborate with management to develop schedules, procedures, and systems to enable timely accumulation, adjustment, and reporting of financial data.
- Drive process improvement initiatives for development, enhancement, upgrade and maintenance of accounting systems.
- Ensure and review quality and efficiency of account reconciliations
- Review and verify accuracy of information, journal entries and ledgers.
- Establish internal control procedures to maintain company financial integrity.
- Resolve escalated issues from department with internal and external customers.
- Develop and ensure adherence to internal control documentation relating to the General Ledger Department.
- Support internal and external audit processes. Prepare audit schedules and supporting documentations as required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting or business
- Certified Public Accountant preferred
- Minimum of 5-7 years of Finance/Accounting experience
- Minimum of 2 years of public accounting experience preferred
- Understand US GAAP accounting concepts and principles
- Project management experience
- Strong analytical skills essential
- Strong PC skills required
- Experience with Workday ERP preferred
- Ability to prioritize and organize work flow
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment