Sr. Software Test Engineer
Los Angeles, CA /
Technology – Software Test Engineering /
Core Digital Media is focused on empowering people to improve their lives financially. For the last 20+ years, our websites LowerMyBills and PolicyPilot has been focused on helping people navigate the world of finances, providing them with savings and money-making opportunities through our relationships with service providers across mortgage, credit cards, loans, insurance, banking, home services and personal finance.
We are seeking a Senior Software Test Engineer to join our engineering team to work in a fast-paced, start-up like environment.
The Sr. Software Test Engineer will be a key participant in the improving of applications quality. We are looking for a pro-active, self-motivated, well-rounded and hands-on individual who likes to work in a fun and collaborative environment
About our Technology Department:
Our technology team is responsible for the development and operations of all the consumer-facing web applications as well as internal tools. We constantly optimize our web sites, increasingly so for mobile devices. The majority of the tools that enable our marketing team to be a leader in online advertising are built in-house.
Our technology platform runs on a highly scalable, modern, cloud based AWS infrastructure. We use advanced monitoring tools such as Splunk and Dynatrace to quickly identify production issues. We leverage the power of microservices in Java along with popular frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate, React and NodeJS for building enterprise-class applications. We take advantage of new initiatives to introduce technologies such as MongoDB, Zookeeper, Kafka to keep our stack current, along with integrating to AWS services like Lambda, SQS etc.
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of features and stories of an application or service
- Work in a scrum team and be responsible for transforming product feature requirement to test strategies, test planning and test cases design
- Execute against test plan and strategy using automated test scripts across multiple automation frameworks
- Develop, document and maintain test cases and other test artifacts for various types of testing
- Facilitate test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members
- Participate and contribute in production emergency bug fixes including root cause analysis
- Maintain/contribute to company software quality standards and testing approaches based on the current industry norms, methodologies, test tools and trends
- Develop, enhance, and implement automation test strategies, requirements, planning and procedures
- Support and manage test case repositories
- Identify and implement improvements in load testing strategy and tools
- Work with testing KPIs for measuring, reporting and optimizing
- Familiarize with observability tools used by teams to better identify issues pre and post release
- Mentor and review work of other test engineers
- Proficient with API testing automation (REST-assured, Postman, API fortress)
- Proficient with web application testing automation
- Experience working in an Agile SDLC environment
- Experience with software development and testing practices like branching models, release planning, test plans, test cases, test case management systems and CI/CD
- Experience with load and performance testing
- Experience with Continuous Integration process and tools (Git, Jira, AWS Codebuild /Codedeploy)
- Experience with AWS cloud based architectures with codebuild and codedeploy is a plus
- Experience with Testcafe and/or Testcafe Studio is a plus
- Experience with RDBMS like Oracle, Postgres etc. is a plus
- Degree in computer science or equivalent
- 5 years of experience with QA methodologies, automated testing tools and testing strategies
Core Digital Media an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Core Digital Media is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. CDM provides employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
The health and safety of our team members is paramount and we are currently working in a remote environment. We hope to return to the office at some point, in some capacity, and will only do so when it is safe.