Sr. Java Developer
Los Angeles, CA /
Technology – Back End Development /
Core Digital Media brands empower people to improve their financial lives every day. We are one of the largest advertisers on the internet and tens of millions of people come to our sites each month. We have helped many of them save thousands of dollars off a variety of recurring expenses such as their mortgage, insurance premiums, credit card fees, etc. Our websites provide our consumers with valuable information and the ability to comparison shop service providers as they navigate some of life's biggest financial decisions.
Core Digital Media is a proud member of the Rocket Companies family [“RKT” on NYSE] and works in close partnership with its sister companies Rocket Mortgage, Rocket Homes and Rocket Auto. These companies are all market leaders in their industries and who are obsessed with helping their clients achieve the dream of homeownership and financial freedom.
Core Digital Media is seeking a Senior Java Developer to join its Engineering team to work in a fast-paced start-up like environment. The Senior Developer will be a key participant in the design, development and delivery of mission-critical Web applications. We are looking for a pro-active, self-motivated, well-rounded and hands-on individual who likes to work in a fun and collaborative environment.
About our Technology Department:
Our technology team is responsible for the development and operations of all the consumer-facing web applications as well as internal tools. We constantly optimize our web sites, increasingly so for mobile devices. The majority of the tools that enable our marketing team to be a leader in online advertising are built in-house.
Our technology platform runs on a highly scalable, modern, cloud based AWS infrastructure. We use advanced monitoring tools such as Splunk and Datadog to quickly identify production issues. We leverage the power of micro services in Java along with popular frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate, React and NodeJS for building enterprise-class applications. We take advantage of new initiatives to introduce technologies such as MongoDB, Zookeeper, Kafka to keep our stack current, along with integrating to AWS services like Lambda, Cognito etc.
- Write high quality, standards compliant, secure, maintainable and testable code
- Troubleshoot and debug application issues
- Work with engineers to plan, prioritize and execute the work within deadline
- Influence application architecture and development processes
- Adhere to Agile/Scrum standards adopted by the organization
- Self-reliant and able to work as an individual contributor and in teams
- Strong Java programming skills (1.8 or above)
- Strong experience in Spring and ORMs like Hibernate/JPA
- Experience with micro services architecture and related design patterns
- Strong experience with Test Driven Development using unit testing and integration testing frameworks
- Strong experience with multithreaded and highly scalable server side development
- Experience with designing, building and maintaining RESTful services
- Experience in data stores and caching technologies like Oracle, Postgres, MongoDB, Redis etc.
- Experience with cloud computing platforms such as AWS is a big plus.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in programming and atleast 2+ years of experience in Java & java based web technologies
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Ability to adapt to various technologies and frameworks
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Ability to exercise good judgment, prioritize multiple tasks, and problem solving under pressure
Core Digital Media an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Core Digital Media is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. CDM provides employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.