QA Automation Lead
Los Angeles, CA /
Technology – Quality Assurance /
This role reports to the Software QA Director.
Within 1 Month, You'll...
- Spend time individually with every person in the Test Team
- Improve automated testing practices by conducting code reviews
- Meet with management team to better understand our business model, our roadmap and our QA methodologies and testing strategies
- Immerse yourself with all teams and learn how existing testing processes, practices and tooling help on supporting, building and releasing new features
Within 6 Months, You'll...
- Scale up test documentation, planning, and execution by researching and introducing new tools and practices.
- Support technical career growth paths for all team members.
- Lead the code reviews for the test engineering team members.
- Take a hands on approach to automation scripting and planning.
- Coach test engineers on technical aspects at different levels of experience
- Support and enhance the metrics driven QA culture based on cross-collaboration, tracking results, and showing constant improvements.
Within 1 Year, You'll...
- Be providing technical expertise and thought leadership throughout product life cycle
- Provide technical insight and work with Managers to plan the tech roadmap for oncoming years.
You Should Apply If:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- You have 6+ years of hands-on experience in software testing roles
- You have 3+ years of experience in leading QA Teams on the technical aspects, specifically related to automation scripting.
- You have knowledge of QA methodologies and tools and testing strategies
- You are passionate about technology and mentoring to build a work culture passionate for technology based on respect, empathy, support and collaboration.
- You have experience with RESTful API testing automation (REST-assured, Postman)
- You understand Agile software development principles and how QA contributes to the success of such processes and teams (Scrum).
- You have experience with software development and testing practices, like branching models, release planning, test plans, test cases, and CI/CD.
- You have the ability to identify and prioritize current and upcoming needs of QA teams, building out new processes, systems, and structures as well as optimizing existing ones.
- You can create and drive improvement of meaningful metrics around your work, setting targets, managing quarterly plans to optimize the testing done.
- You have strong track record for growing talent and building a diverse skill set within QA teams.
- You have a demonstrable history of cross-functional collaboration.
- You have hands-on experience testing software.
- You have experience with load and performance testing
- You have experience with Continuous Integration process and tools (Git, Jira, Jenkins)
- You have experience with Testcafe and/or Testcafe Studio is a big plus
- You have experience with RDBMS like Oracle, Postgre etc. is a plus