Director of Accounting
Los Angeles, CA /
Finance and Accounting – Accounting /
Who We Are – About Core Digital Media
Core Digital Media is focused on empowering people to improve their lives financially. For the last 20+ years, our websites have been focused on helping people navigate the world of finances, providing them with savings and money-making opportunities through our relationships with service providers across mortgage, credit cards, loans, insurance, banking, home services and personal finance.
Who We Are Looking For
Core Digital Media is looking for a qualified finance leader to oversee their finance team. The Director of Accounting reports to the VP of Finance and will be working in close partnership with leaders and teams across the organization, including business analytics, technology, legal, product and marketing.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Oversee accounting, financial reporting and FP&A
- Manage monthly close and the preparation of monthly financial reports and reconciliations
- Ensure accounting records are prepared and maintained in accordance with GAAP and the company’s accounting policies
- Manage monthly forecasting and annual budgeting process
- Drive operational efficiency by streamlining processes and implementing automation
- Support external audit and oversee internal processes and controls in compliance with SOX guidelines
- Analyze monthly business results, KPIs, and trends to provide critical business insights to the Company’s senior leadership team
What You’ll Bring To The Team
- Bachelor's in accounting, finance, or other relevant business field
- At least 7-8 years of finance/accounting experience with 3 years in a leadership role
- At least 3 years of public accounting experience and CPA strongly preferred
- Understanding of US GAAP and SOX
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience with large ERP systems a must, Workday and Adaptive Insights a plus
- Strong track-record of leadership and business partnership
- Proven ability in developing and improving processes
- Ability to parse complex financial data into meaningful communications for business leaders
- Attention to detail, but also ability to see the big picture
- Flexibility in prioritizing in a fast-paced, growth environment
Core Digital Media an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Core Digital Media is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. CDM provides employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
The health and safety of our team members is paramount and we are currently working in a remote environment. We hope to return to the office at some point, in some capacity, and will only do so when it is safe.