Principal Software Engineer
Los Angeles, CA /
Technology – Architecture /
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? If the answer is YES, then we have the right job for you.
We at Core Digital Media are building the next generation web applications with modern architecture and infrastructure and are looking for experienced Principal Software Engineer to join our team in Playa Vista, CA.
- Develop, enhance and document detailed application designs and interfaces.
- Develop prototype systems to demonstrate the capabilities of the proposed solution.
- Evaluate existing components for re-usability and applicability.
- Evangelize technical/architectural standards, principles, methodology, patterns and trends.
- Investigate and review 3rd party tools for applicability to the overall solution.
- Demonstrate strong communication skill, problem solving ability and analytical skills.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring other engineers.
- Facilitate cross team and cross component collaboration.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of new technology tools and trends, and apply those tools to improving business processes.
- Articulate and document the application architecture vision.
- Apply industry standard analysis, architecture, and development techniques to assist in providing optimum solutions.
- Review design and code to ensure they are architecturally sound.
- Maintain an organization-wide view of current and future business and application architecture to provide solutions that integrate into the overall architectural vision and strategy
- Extensive hands-on experience with scalable and highly available consumer facing web application development & testing
- Experience with industry standard architecture and design methodologies and processes
- Experience with microservices, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Produce and maintain clean, high quality, standards compliant code
- Experience with agile development, continuous delivery, and DevOps
- Experience with content management systems
- Experience creating dynamic mobile friendly web pages that are cross-browser/cross-platform UI compatible
- Implement user interface optimizations and enhancements
- Collaborate with team for integrating presentation layer with web application
- Keep up with current and emerging UI technologies and frameworks
- Ability to work in fast paced environments
- Familiarity with/and adherence to web standards
- Ability to exercise good judgement and prioritize multiple tasks
- 8+ years of experience in software development and testing
- Expert hands-on knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Proficiency in React and Node
- Experience with utilizing REST APIs
- Experience with databases
- Experience with responsive design
Core Digital Media an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Core Digital Media is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. CDM provides employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
The health and safety of our team members is paramount and we are currently working in a remote environment. We hope to return to the office at some point, in some capacity, and will only do so when it is safe.