Los Angeles, CA /
User Experience – Consumer Experience - Consumer Focus /
CDM is seeking a Product Designer to work on new products aimed at fulfilling our mission: to help people make better financial decisions.
Financial products can be complicated - we're looking for a product designer up to the task of breaking down these complicated processes and products into digestible, informative, and engaging interactions. The right person for the job is creative, empathetic, and intelligent, with a passion for finding ways to turn complexity into delightful experiences.
What you will do:
- Conduct user research to identify and prioritize need-states.
- Work closely with Product Owners to create user stories, determine appropriate scope, and define requirements.
- Create detailed UI designs and related design assets for products. This includes low to high fidelity visual design mockups, wireframes, sketches, prototypes, and supporting design specifications and documentation - working collaboratively with other designers.
- Suggest ways to validate product ideas and concepts during discovery in order to verify tangible assumptions and hypotheses.
- Work closely with developers to ensure your experiences are brought to life as you intended them to be.
- Conduct user testing on prototypes/MVPs to identify areas for improvement.
- Champion user-centered design, sharing best practices and demonstrating curiosity about customer needs and behaviors.
- 3 or more years' experience designing interfaces for software, apps or the web.
- Demonstrated experience designing for different levels of fidelity from sketches & wireframes, to prototypes, to hi-fi with detailed documentation.
- Working knowledge of front-end development languages such as HTML and CSS.
- Highly organized with superior attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills – visual, oral, & written.
- Expert knowledge of experience design software – XD, Sketch, Figma or similar.
- College degree or applicable experience in design with an emphasis on HCI, product design, graphic design, or related design field.
Core Digital Media an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Core Digital Media is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. CDM provides employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
The health and safety of our team members is paramount and we are currently working in a remote environment. We hope to return to the office at some point, in some capacity, and will only do so when it is safe.