VP Product Management
Los Angeles, CA /
Product Management – Product Management - Lending /
Core Digital Media brands empower people to improve their financial lives every day. We are one of the largest advertisers on the internet and tens of millions of people come to our sites each month. We have helped many of them save thousands of dollars off of a variety of recurring expenses such as their mortgage, insurance premiums, credit card fees, etc. Our websites LowerMyBills.com and PolicyPilot.com provide our consumers with valuable information and the ability to comparison shop service providers as they navigate some of life's biggest financial decisions.
Core Digital Media is a proud member of the Rocket Companies family and works in close partnership with its sister companies Rocket Mortgage, Rocket Homes and Rocket Auto. These companies are all market leaders in their industries and who are obsessed with helping their clients achieve the dream of homeownership and financial freedom.
Core Digital Media is committed to building and maintaining a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion, where all are welcomed and have the opportunity to flourish in their careers.
The Vice President, Product Management will be responsible for the strategy and roadmap to execute against Core Digital Media’s vision to provide people with the premier personal finance destination online. We are looking for a product leader who can develop a deep understanding of what consumers’ needs are and translate them into an actionable roadmap. You will partner with key internal stakeholders to build product features and functionality that engender consumer trust and drive recurring user engagement and that will be leveraged in marketing strategies including SEO, PR, CRM and brand building.
We are looking for a strategic thinker who can frame and find solutions to complex product challenges and measure and track results. You will need to enjoy working in an environment that moves fast, be comfortable making decisions without having “all of the information”, exercise a constant curiosity of you can improve things, have a passion for developing great products, be willing and able to prioritize the highest impact initiatives, and collaborate effectively and productively with every single member of the team regardless of role, tenure, age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, etc.
- Manage and continue the development of the vision, strategy and roadmaps for our online products lines.
- Regularly review and effectively communicate the strategy and roadmap with the senior management team and other key stakeholders, including technology, marketing, UX and business areas.
- Champion that strategy and roadmap and build consensus in support of them as well as collaborate with a cross-functional team to work out the details of the plan to execute on the strategy and roadmap.
- Develop financial models that account for revenue, costs, investments, etc. in support of and rationalizing the growth of the business.
- Determine clear KPIs that measure consumer value add, retention and conversion and set ambitious targets and strategies to exceed them.
- Leverage consumer and market research, user feedback, usage data and competitive analysis to identify unmet market needs and inform future product innovation.
- Partner effectively with engineering and project management to drive requirements clarity and make scope tradeoff decisions.
- Collaborate with the content and editorial team to produce valuable content that informs and educates consumers about complex personal financial topics.
- Analyze the user flow and define products that help deepen user engagement and influence A/B test optimizations on written and video content, lead forms, rate tables, and other tools and funnels.
- Juggle the needs of multiple audience segments and develop strategic product plans for each of them.
- Lead a team of product managers, guiding them along their career path and setting your team up for success.
- 10 years of online product management or related experience, including responsibility for:
- Strategy, analysis, roadmap ownership and product ideation
- Launching front-end, user-facing tools, along with deep, intricate platforms
- Creation of a great user experience
- Driving sales or conversions via an affiliate model or performance marketing
- Optimizing customer acquisition for an online publisher, e-commerce site, or app
- Development of website content supportive of generating organic traffic
- Collecting, synthesizing and analyzing data to inform product decisions
- 15 years of online product management or related experience
- 8 years of management/leadership experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Strong knowledge of Agile principles and methodology
Core Digital Media an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Core Digital Media is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. CDM provides employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
The health and safety of our team members is paramount and we are currently working in a remote environment. We hope to return to the office at some point, in some capacity, and will only do so when it is safe.