Los Angeles, CA /
Marketing – SEO /
Core Digital Media is focused on empowering people to improve their lives financially. For the last 20+ years, our websites LowerMyBills, WalletJoy and PolicyPilot has been focused on helping people navigate the world of finances, providing them with savings and money-making opportunities through our relationships with service providers across mortgage, credit cards, loans, insurance, banking, home services and personal finance.
As SEO Manager, your day-to-day will be a mix of strategy, analysis, project management, monitoring, and hands-on execution for several unique consumer-facing personal finance brands.
As the first SEO hire for Core Digital Media, you will have tremendous potential to immediately impact the business and shape the way we think about search engine optimization. As SEO Manager, you will be responsible SEO oversight of multiple personal finance brands and charged with managing multiple strategies at once and prioritizing the unique needs of each brand to support Core Digital Media’s business objectives. While you will be the only in-house team member fully devoted to SEO, you will have the resources of an SEO agency to support your efforts.
- Identify key SEO KPIs for several of our web properties based on short- and long-term business goals
- Lead technical SEO audits of our web properties, present findings and recommendations and work with internal team and SEO agency to prioritize and execute
- Build SEO roadmaps and plan, develop, and implement SEO strategies to consistently hit KPIs while maintaining a user-first approach and experience for several of our personal finance brands
- Develop tactics and SEO campaigns that drive the business goals: organic growth, return visitors, time on page, # of pages viewed, acquisition and engagement, and conversion
- Gut check, manage, and prioritize work recommended by our SEO agency and oversee next steps across internal team members to ensure we are making continued progress
- Perform keyword research and competitor analysis to inform ongoing SEO content efforts, such as finding new opportunities to maximize ranking for strategic keywords around our life moments, as well as existing content where we’ll get the most from our optimization efforts
- Collaborate with web developers, editors, video producers, marketing, design, and product to ensure all relevant activities that could benefit from SEO are optimized
- Build up the internal team’s SEO know-how and monitor execution by documenting guidelines and training as needed
- Stay on top of the latest industry updates, SEO trends, Google algorithm changes, and best practices to inform how you prioritize your SEO recommendations
- Provide hands-on day-to-day SEO support as needed, such as keyword research for articles, creating SEO briefs, providing SEO reviews of content, etc.
- Minimum of 3 years SEO work experience — we care more about how up to date you are than how long you’ve been in the business
- Demonstrated ability to drive business outcomes through SEO
- Expertise of SEMrush, Google Search Console, Ahrefs, Screaming Frog, Google Tag Manager, Page Speed Analysis, Link Analysis, and more
- Expert knowledge of technical SEO, proven ability to stay abreast of current standards, and willingness to perform regular technical audits
- Ability to take in data, business objectives, and context to provide actionable, impactful SEO recommendations for multiple brands
- Strong knowledge of HTML (including ARIA/accessibility, OG metatags, structured data), CSS, XML and JSON sitemaps, and page optimization techniques and technologies
- Able to clearly prioritize opportunities and break down into concrete action items and clear timelines
- Strong proficiency with WordPress and its plugins
- Ability to clearly communicate with developers
- Advanced Excel/Google Sheet skills. You should be comfortable using VLOOKUP's, concatenates, and IF statements at the very least
- Ability to think creatively to identify and solve problems
- Prior experience launching and/or growing brand new brands/sites/products with SEO
- Prior experience working closely with an SEO agency to expand upon your individual SEO efforts and impact
- Prior experience working closely with editorial, video, and development teams and an understanding of ROI as it relates to time/cost vs impact
- Familiarity with personal finance topics and brands
- Submit your resume, along with a cover letter that showcases your relevant experience.