Site Reliability Engineer
Los Angeles, CA /
Technology – DevOps /
Core Digital Media is focused on empowering people to improve their lives financially. For the last 20+ years, our websites LowerMyBills and PolicyPilot has been focused on helping people navigate the world of finances, providing them with savings and money-making opportunities through our relationships with service providers across mortgage, credit cards, loans, insurance, banking, home services and personal finance.
The DevOps team members at Core Digital Media come from very diverse backgrounds. They are responsible for availability and performance of all consumer facing applications as well as internal systems. The group is focused on adopting infrastructure as code across all it’s operations to fully tap into power of the AWS platform. As Site Reliability Engineer(Network/Security), you will be building and supporting mission critical infrastructure tooling that drive our business for high availability, security and performance. The successful candidate will have skills in network and security technologies, with interest in programming.
- Build automation to upgrade systems for security compliance
- Building automation to prevent problem recurrence, and building automated responses for non-exceptional service conditions
- Monitor the health of the network
- Create network diagrams and support documentation
- Writing, updating, and using documentation, including runbooks/playbooks
- Evaluate and recommend security improvements
- Safeguards information system assets by identifying and solving potential and actual security problems
- Supporting and enhancing our Splunk SIEM setup
- Protects system by defining access privileges, control structures, and resources
- Implements security improvements by assessing current situation; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements
- Determines security violations and inefficiencies by conducting periodic audits
- Provide network support for Linux and Windows servers
- Understanding of Unix/Linux operating systems
- Experience programming in one or more of the following languages: Python, Ruby or Perl
- Knowledge of Terraform is a plus
- Experience in AWS Cloud security and operations
- AWS Certification is a plus
- Experience with log management systems such as Splunk
- Knowledge of architecture, engineering, and operations of the Splunk enterprise SIEM platform is a plus
- Familiarity with network monitoring tools
- Experience with networking and networking protocols, including the use of routers, switches, firewalls and load balancers, as well as network analysis tools
- Hands-on experience analyzing high volumes of logs, network data and other attack artifacts in support of incident investigations
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent education or work experience
- 2+ years of prior relevant experience
Core Digital Media an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Core Digital Media is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. CDM provides employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
The health and safety of our team members is paramount and we are currently working in a remote environment. We hope to return to the office at some point, in some capacity, and will only do so when it is safe.