Los Angeles, CA /
Technology – Back End Development /
Core Digital Media is seeking a Software Engineer to join its Engineering team to work in a fast-paced start-up like environment. This Developer will be a key participant in the design, development and delivery of mission-critical Web applications. We are looking for a pro-active, self-motivated, well-rounded and hands-on individual who likes to work in a fun and collaborative environment.
About our Technology Department:
Our technology team is responsible for the development and operations of all the consumer-facing web applications as well as internal tools. We constantly optimize our web sites, increasingly so for mobile devices. The majority of the tools that enable our marketing team to be a leader in online advertising are built in-house.
Our technology platform runs on a highly scalable, modern, cloud based AWS infrastructure. We use advanced monitoring tools such as Splunk and Dynatrace to quickly identify production issues. We leverage the power of microservices in Java along with popular frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate, React and NodeJS for building enterprise-class applications. We take advantage of new initiatives to introduce technologies such as MongoDB, Zookeeper, Kafka to keep our stack current, along with integrating to AWS services like Lambda, Cognito etc.
- Write high quality, standards compliant, secure, maintainable and testable code
- Troubleshoot and debug application issues
- Work with engineers to plan, prioritize and execute the work within deadline
- Influence application architecture and development processes
- Adhere to Agile/Scrum standards adopted by the organization
- Self-reliant and able to work as an individual contributor and in teams
- Strong programming skills in object oriented programming languages such as Java or Golang
- Experience with Microservices, Gateways, Service Discovery, ORMs etc.
- Strong experience with Test Driven Development using unit testing and integration testing frameworks
- Experience with designing, building and maintaining RESTful services
- Experience in datastores and caching technologies like Oracle, Postgres, MongoDB, Redis etc.
- Exposure with cloud computing platforms such as AWS is a big plus.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in consumer facing web application development
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Ability to adapt to various technologies and frameworks
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Ability to exercise good judgment, prioritize multiple tasks, and problem solving under pressure
Core Digital Media an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Core Digital Media is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. CDM provides employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
The health and safety of our team members is paramount and we are currently working in a remote environment. We hope to return to the office at some point, in some capacity, and will only do so when it is safe.