Site Reliability Engineer
Los Angeles, CA /
Technology – DevOps /
Core Digital Media is a proud member of the Rocket Companies family [“RKT” on NYSE] and works in close partnership with its sister companies Rocket Mortgage, Rocket Homes and Rocket Auto. These companies are all market leaders in their industries and who are obsessed with helping their clients achieve the dream of homeownership and financial freedom. Our association with them bolsters our ability to provide the best assistance to every one of our users.
The DevOps team members at Core Digital Media come from very diverse backgrounds. They are responsible for availability and performance of all consumer facing applications as well as internal systems. The group is focused on adopting infrastructure as code across all it’s operations to fully tap into power of the AWS platform. As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will be building and supporting mission critical infrastructure tooling that drive our business for high availability, security and performance. The successful candidate will have skills in network and security technologies, with interest in programming.
- Setting up EC2, S3 and VPC on AWS programmatically using Terraform or other Infrastructure As Code language
- Converting our manual operational tasks into infrastructure as code managed via Git
- Improve and enhance our CI/CD toolkit that is built using Terrafrom and AWS CodeBuild Suite
- Supporting our log management systems(Splunk and Cloudwatch)
- SSL Certificate management and automating these
- Working with development teams in Agile model
- On call rotation
- Solid understanding of Unix/Linux operating systems
- Experience programming in one or more of the following languages: Python, Ruby or Perl is a must
- Knowledge of Terraform is a big plus
- AWS Technical Certification is a plus
- Good understanding of Load Balancer and traffic splitting (ELB,F5)
- Basic understanding of Route 53/DNS
- Good understanding of working with Git
- Experience with log management systems such as Splunk
- Familiarity with network monitoring tools
- Experience with networking, networking protocols and firewalls is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent education or work experience
- 4+ years of prior relevant experience
Core Digital Media an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Core Digital Media is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. CDM provides employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.