VP, Culture and People Team
Los Angeles, CA /
Human Resources – Human Resources /
Core Digital Media brands empower people to improve their financial lives every day. We are one of the largest advertisers on the internet and tens of millions of people come to our sites each month. We have helped many of them save thousands of dollars off a variety of recurring expenses such as their mortgage, insurance premiums, credit card fees, etc. Our websites LowerMyBills.com and PolicyPilot.com provide our consumers with valuable information and the ability to comparison shop service providers as they navigate some of life's biggest financial decisions.
Core Digital Media is a proud member of the Rocket Companies family [“RKT” on NYSE] and works in close partnership with its sister companies Rocket Mortgage, Rocket Homes and Rocket Auto. These companies are all market leaders in their industries and who are obsessed with helping their clients achieve the dream of homeownership and financial freedom.
Core Digital Media is committed to building and maintaining a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion, where all are welcomed and have the opportunity to flourish in their careers.
The Vice President of Culture and People is a key member of CDM’s executive leadership team and the senior-most executive at CDM responsible for our team members. We are looking for someone who will partner effectively with the rest of the senior team and collaborate with Rocket Companies leadership to develop and drive all HR strategies, policies and programs. They will be a significant contributor to determining the strategic direction of the overall business as well as the key initiatives to realizing that vision.
They will have the individual autonomy that comes with working at a smaller, high growth technology company, while also benefiting from the ability to leverage the support and resources available by being part of a much larger entity. They will need to have a fanatical focus on continuously improving the quality of our team and the CDM community while building upon an already strong people-centric culture. And they will be a steward of our core values and ensure that everything that CDM does is aligned with and authentic to those values.
This is a critical role within CDM right now as the organization undergoes rapid team growth in support of multiple significant opportunities to drive the overall business growth of RKT, and as CDM navigates what the new workplace experience will be in a post-pandemic world.
- All aspects of our team members’ experience during their time with our company, including Recruiting, Performance Management, Compensation, Health & Wellness, Engagement, Learning & Development, Facilities and Compliance.
- Collaborate with executive leadership to define the organization’s long-term mission and goals; identify ways to support this mission through talent management.
- Own CDM’s Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiative.
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the business through engagement and leadership in senior team meetings and discussion.
- Drive consensus on our values, our leadership philosophies, and their alignment to our business objectives; ensure that they are lived and understood by the team as a visible member of the executive and leadership teams.
- Act as a trusted advisor to the CEO on all matters related to culture, people and the ongoing development of a highly functional executive team.
- Organize and drive our talent acquisition process, guiding hiring leaders in their search for great talent, building our brand, and development an efficient talent funnel.
- Design performance management training, tools, and process that enable leaders to drive high performance among their teams.
- Implement free and paid internal and external learning and development resources to ensure the continuous personal and professional development of every team member so they grow and develop in their careers and have the skills that meet the business’s functional and leadership needs.
- Design and implement fair and competitive compensation packages of salary, incentive bonus, equity and benefits.
- Lead a team of business partners who work closely with leaders at all levels in the organization to create professional development and succession plans.
- Be a caring advocate for our 175+ team members, helping them navigate challenges and pursue opportunities as they and the company grow.
- Create an amazing work environment that is characterized by fun, energy, psychological safety, and employee engagement.
- Maintain knowledge of laws, regulations, and best practices in employment law, human resources, and talent management.
- Participates in professional development and networking conferences and events.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- An astute eye for workforce needs and a passion for people.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Highly data and KPI-driven with a strategic business mindset that is biased toward action, alignment and productive collaboration.
- Strong executive presence with exceptional influencing and business skills.
- The maturity and interpersonal savvy to be proactive and establish credibility with all team members at all levels.
- Knowledge of and experience with varied human resource information systems, and HRIS implementation programs.
- Can make difficult and tough decisions in a timely manner.
- Be comfortable with ambiguity in a business and industry that provides and requires plenty of it.
- Have a passion for building and supporting a diverse workforce and fostering an inclusive culture.
- Take your work seriously but not yourself.
- At least ten years of human resource management experience is required, with 5+ years in Senior and executive-level roles.
- Extensive leadership experience and a track record of leading growth and transformation, ideally in a fast-paced product and tech focused organizations with multiple locations.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP strongly preferred
- A Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or equivalent relevant years of experience is required.
Core Digital Media an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Core Digital Media is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. CDM provides employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.