Consumer Insights Specialist
Los Angeles, CA /
Consumer Focus – Consumer Insights /
About Core Digital Media:
We’ve been crushing it in direct-response advertising for over 10 years, using a combination of people, platforms, and data to turn ad impressions into high-quality customers for our clients. Now, we are looking for another to join the team and continue this tradition.
We are seeking a Consumer Insights Specialist who is passionate about deeply understanding our consumers. This person will obtain a clear understanding of our consumers’ needs, wants and behavioral attitudes as they relate to our products, marketing messaging, and down-funnel communication. The Consumer Insights Specialist will translate insights into actionable strategies and tactics for use throughout the organization.
You are analytical, insightful, innovative, creative, metrics-driven, and action-oriented. You are comfortable taking ownership and developing strategy, as well as rolling up your sleeves to get things done. In addition, you are comfortable writing copy and have demonstrated an ability and motivation to achieve business goals.
- Be the voice of our consumers
- Lead qualitative and quantitative research design and methodologies that inform creative strategy and tactics including concept testing, market sizing/forecasting, and ethnographic research
- Synthesize a wide range of primary and secondary data types and communicate results to stakeholders
- Collaborate with Marketing and Product to understand their challenges and business needs
- Translate research findings into clear and actionable recommendations that persuade and inspire Marketing and Product to take concerted, informed actions
- Help drive adoption of marketplace trends and consumer insights
- Identify new audience opportunities and ways to effectively message them
- Challenge and develop new research processes when necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Market Research, Business, Statistics, Social Sciences or another applicable field
- 3+ years’ experience in marketing research, data analytics or related field
- 3+ years leading various marketing programs including customer segmentation, Voice of the Customer analysis, ad message testing and consumer trend analysis
- Portfolio of qualitative and quantitative data analysis informing product decisions, resulting in improved customer outcomes
- Strategic, analytical mindset and proven ability to drive insights through to strategies and implementation
- Demonstrated effectiveness in written, verbal and presentation communication skills; ability to distill complex ideas into concise and accurate narratives that enlighten and inspire
- Demonstrated ability to influence across an org
- Team player able to work across multiple projects and cross-functional teams
- Results and detailed oriented with a high sense of accountability and integrity
- Quick learner with a can-do attitude and able to complete tasks with little supervision
- High proficiency in Power Point and Excel (report writing and chart/tables creation), with some experience using statistical software programs a plus
Core Digital Media an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Core Digital Media is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. CDM provides employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
The health and safety of our team members is paramount and we are currently working in a remote environment. We hope to return to the office at some point, in some capacity, and will only do so when it is safe.