Software QA Engineer Summer Intern
Los Angeles, CA
Technology – Quality Assurance
Core Digital Media is a top 10 advertiser across display, paid search, mobile and social marketing making us the largest and most successful performance advertisers on the internet. We are currently looking for a Software QA Engineer Intern to join our QA Engineering team for the summer. The intern will help increase our automated test coverage by assisting in coding automated scripts for both mobile and desktop web applications. The intern will gain understanding of the basic software development life-cycle, experience applying their coding knowledge in a real-world working environment, and gain exposure to some of the automation tools used in the industry including Selenium, Appium, Git, a cloud based automation farm, and automated visual validation tests. The Intern will learn how to automate both UI driven tests and API automated tests, QA engineering concepts, and experience applying their coding experience in the real world to test products through automation.
Main Project Duties:
- Assist in writing automation scripts to increase automated test coverage for both desktop and mobile devices. This includes end-to-end automated tests using Selenium and Appium in Java and API automated tests.
- Utilize our cloud based automation farm to run many tests in parallel and use an automated visual validation tool.
Responsibilities (What You’ll be doing):
- Assist in our automation efforts by writing scripts for our automation framework. This will include writing both end-to-end UI driven tests and API tests in Java
- Run automation scripts, perform triage to debug failures and fix broken scripts
- Participate in code reviews of the automation code and assist in optimizing tests to increase maintainability and performance.
- Attending school for a BS/MS in CS or equivalent experience
- Java programming experience
- Knowledge of Selenium Web Driver and Appium
- Knowledge of Oracle and SQL queries
- Ability to work with teams to gather testing requirements and plan test cases
- Troubleshooting skills to debug issues