User Experience Designer
Los Angeles, CA
User Experience – Consumer Experience - LMB
WalletJoy supports financial newcomers of any background with guidance, tools, and technological resources that deliver tangible financial outcomes. By prioritizing our community and life experiences, we help people navigate their finances with confidence so they can de-stress, focus on the moment, and make better financial decisions.
Financial products can be complicated - we're looking for an experience designer up to the task of breaking down these complicated processes and products into digestible, informative, and engaging interactions, presented through the lens of real life moments. The right person for the job is creative, empathetic, and intelligent, with a passion for finding ways to turn complexity into delightful experiences.
What you will do:
- Conduct user research to identify and prioritize need-states.
- Work closely with Product Owners to create user stories, determine appropriate scope, and define requirements.
- Design and iterate on experience solutions, working collaboratively with other designers.
- Create prototypes of your solutions to speed up the feedback cycle.
- Work closely with developers to ensure your experiences are brought to life as you intended them to be.
- Conduct user testing on prototypes/MVPs to identify areas for improvement.
- Experience designing interfaces for software, apps or the web.
- Excellent communication skills – visual, oral, & written.
- Expert knowledge of experience design software – XD, Sketch, Figma or similar.
- College degree or applicable experience in design with an emphasis on HCI, product design, graphic design, or related design field.
Nice to have:
- Experience working with an agile software development team.
- Magic design powers.