Director of User Experience
Los Angeles, CA /
User Experience – Consumer Experience - Consumer Focus /
Core Digital Media is a proud member of the Rocket Companies family [“RKT” on NYSE] and works in close partnership with its sister companies Rocket Mortgage, Rocket Homes and Rocket Auto. These companies are all market leaders in their industries and who are obsessed with helping their clients achieve the dream of homeownership and financial freedom. Our association with them bolsters our ability to provide the best assistance to every one of our users.
We are on a mission to help people make smarter financial decisions for every stage of life. We are looking for a Director of User Experience. This Director of UX will work on new products aimed at fulfilling our mission: to help people make better financial decisions.
Financial products can be complicated - we're looking for a Director of User Experience who is up to the task of breaking down these complicated processes and products into digestible, informative, and engaging interactions. The right person for the job is a leader who is creative, empathetic, and intelligent, with a passion for finding ways to turn complexity into delightful experiences.
What you will do:
- Set the vision for UX across all our products and contribute to long term design planning
- Establish best practices for UX design and lead the UX design team.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to help identify requirements and agree upon the best UX solutions to support our products’ features.
- Assess and produce wireframes, product screens (web and mobile), visual mockups, user journey maps, and interactive prototypes.
- Develop style guides, and brand voice guides, and best practices that puts the user voice at the center of all product and company decisions.
- Create detailed UI designs and related design assets for products. This includes low to high fidelity visual design mockups, wireframes, sketches, prototypes, and supporting design specifications and documentation - partnering collaboratively with other designers and external agencies.
- Suggest ways to validate product ideas and concepts during discovery in order to verify tangible assumptions and hypotheses.
- Work closely with developers to ensure your experiences are brought to life as you intended them to be.
- Influence user testing on prototypes, MVPs, etc. in partnership with UX Researchers, BI and BA Data Science teams to identify areas for improvement.
- Champion user-centered design, sharing best practices and demonstrating curiosity about customer needs and behaviors.
- 6+ years of experience designing interfaces for software, mobile apps or the web.
- 4+ years of management experience leading User Experience initiatives.
- BA/BS, or applicable experience in design with an emphasis on HCI, product design, graphic design, or related design field.
- Proven experience in Design Thinking, User Centered Design (UCD) and/or Human Centered Design (HCD)
- Demonstrated experience leading and designing for different levels of fidelity from sketches & wireframes, to prototypes, to hi-fi with detailed documentation.
- Strong familiarity with front-end development languages such as HTML and CSS.
- Highly organized with superior attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills – visual, oral, & written.
- Expert knowledge of experience design software – XD, Sketch, Figma, Adobe Suite or similar.
Core Digital Media an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Core Digital Media is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. CDM provides employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.