People Business Partner
Los Angeles, CA /
Human Resources – Human Resources /
Core Digital Media’s mission is to empower people to improve their lives financially. CDM is a leading digital marketer and provider of online solutions that enable people to save money across a variety of personal finance products. Our products, including LowerMyBills, PolicyPilot, and Quicken Loans.com are fueled by an industry leading marketing platform and connect tens of millions of people with a wide range of financial institutions.
We are an organization powered by people who come to win, and the Culture and People team are here to power those people. The team is evolving to meet the needs of the business, and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for a People Business Partner to be the liaison to our Marketing, Product, and Sales groups, and lead our People initiatives with them.
- Partner with leaders to create a talent strategy that empowers the business to achieve its OKRs.
- Collaborate internally with the Culture and People Team on departmental initiatives.
- Participate in the development and implementation of departmental career development, performance and talent management, leadership development, compensation, team member engagement, communications, training and development, succession planning/workforce planning, and G&A cost analysis.
- Provide clear, effective, timely and constructive feedback and/or coaching on all aspects of individual and team actions, behaviors, and interactions including but not limited to interviewing techniques, effective labor relations, team member communications, new hire orientation, training programs, etc.
- Partner with leadership and Recruiting to scope new requisitions as needed.
- Manage & coach the resolution of complex team member relations issues including resuscitating talent, disciplinary action, investigations, etc. while mitigating risks to the company and championing a positive team member experience.
- Maintain in depth knowledge of employment law, interpreting and creating policy & processes in line with company culture; provide coaching on policy execution and interpretation to team members and leaders.
- Identify key priorities and processes necessary to advance both long-term Culture and People Team & business initiatives and day-to-day Culture and People team matters.
- Utilize data (including survey data, exit data, market data etc.) to provide recommendations for improvement, growth, and mastery.
- Develop change management strategies and plans to assist leadership and organizational change.
- 5+ years of HR experience as a Generalist or HR Business Partner role.
- Strong business acumen; ability to influence to address HR needs while helping leaders generate business wins
- A history of successes in launching business-facing Culture and People initiatives.
- A “startup” mentality, ability to prioritize, with a flexible work style to quickly adapt to changing business needs while still positively working towards your stated goals.
- Curious mindset, critical thinking skills, with a strong attention to detail.
- A solid understanding of employment law and ability to mitigate risk while developing internal policies and procedures.
- HCRI or SHRM certification is a plus.
Core Digital Media an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Core Digital Media is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. CDM provides employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.