Los Angeles, CA /
Marketing – Content Marketing /
Core Digital Media is a leading digital marketer and provider of online solutions that enable people to save money and make smarter financial decisions.
We’re currently hard at work laying the foundation for an exciting new personal finance experience and looking for well-rounded content editors to join the team.
As an editor, your primary priority will be to review, fact-check, and edit engaging, accurate, unbiased, SEO-optimized guides, blogs, and other forms of written content. You’ll be part project manager, part creative strategist, and very much hands-on throughout the production process.
Please note: This is NOT a video editor role.
- Own your assigned articles from concept to completion, which includes: assigning briefs to writers, reviewing drafts and providing feedback, fact-checking and editing, publishing through WordPress, and QAing.
- Ensure all content adheres to SEO best practices, Associated Press style, and brand guidelines, as well as legal compliance.
- Collaborate with different teams — including SEO, Marketing, Legal, Video, Social, Product, and Design — as needed on editorial projects.
- Assist in-house and freelance writers in honing their craft and storytelling abilities.
- Take on other responsibilities as needed.
- A minimum of 3 years of editorial experience for a digital publication
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to work independently, manage up, and drive solutions
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- A strong understanding of SEO best practices and familiarity with keyword research tools is preferred
- Familiarity with online reporting tools (Google Analytics, Tableau, or similar) is preferred
- Experience with WordPress and basic HTML is preferred
- Copywriting experience is a plus
- A bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g., Journalism, English, Marketing) or the equivalent in relevant professional experience
To Apply, Submit:
- A cover letter that delves into your professional experience as an editor.
- A resume that details your relevant qualifications, past experience, and accomplishments.
Core Digital Media an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Core Digital Media is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. CDM provides employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
The health and safety of our team members is paramount and we are currently working in a remote environment. We hope to return to the office at some point, in some capacity, and will only do so when it is safe.