Los Angeles, CA /
Finance and Accounting – Accounting /
Who We Are – About Core Digital Media
Core Digital Media is focused on empowering people to improve their lives financially. For the last 20+ years, our products such as LowerMyBills are fueled by an industry leading marketing platform and connect tens of millions of people with a wide range of financial institutions. We are a proud member of the Rocket Companies family [“RKT” on NYSE] and works in close partnership with its sister companies Rocket Mortgage, Rocket Homes and Rocket Auto on a mission to help people make smarter financial decisions for every stage of life.
Who We Are Looking For
Core Digital Media is looking for a qualified accounting professional to join their finance team. This position oversees the maintenance of the company’s financial records and ensure that accounting records are maintained in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and company policies. This individual will also drive process improvements, partner with various departments on initiatives, and provide guidance to members of the finance team.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Oversee operations for the General Ledger and the monthly close process.
- Ensure accounting records are prepared and maintained in accordance with GAAP and the company’s accounting policies, chart of accounts and related accounting principles and practices.
- Oversee and review journal entries, customer invoices, intercompany billings, AP invoices, and monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Manage the AP functions, which include but are not limited to ensuring timely and accurate processing of payments and maintaining strong internal controls to safeguard company assets.
- Manage customer billings and ensure proper revenue recognition.
- Prepare and/or review periodic financial statements and analyses.
- Develop methods of providing accounting data for non-standard reports and statements.
- Collaborate with management to develop schedules, procedures, and systems to enable timely accumulation, adjustment, and reporting of financial data.
- Drive process improvement initiatives for development, enhancement, upgrade and maintenance of accounting systems.
- Develop and ensure adherence to internal control documentation relating to the finance department.
- Support internal and external audit processes. Prepare and/or review audit schedules and supporting documentations as required.
- Oversee, mentor, and empower team members and direct reports to achieve company, team, and personal development goals.
- Serve as liaison between operations, general accounting, and FP&A teams to answer questions and provide guidance.
What You’ll Bring To The Team
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Certified Public Accountant preferred
- Minimum of 5-7 years of Finance/Accounting experience
- Minimum of 2 years of management/supervisory experience
- Minimum of 2 years of public accounting experience preferred
- Understand US GAAP accounting concepts and principles
- Project management experience
- Strong analytical skills essential
- Strong PC skills required
- Experience with Workday ERP preferred
- Ability to prioritize and organize work flow
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
Core Digital Media an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Core Digital Media is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. CDM provides employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.