Los Angeles, CA
Marketing – Content Marketing
Who We Are
Core Digital Media is a leading digital marketer and provider of online solutions that enable people to save money across a variety of personal finance products. Our products – which include LowerMyBills, ClassesUSA, WalletJoy, and PolicyPilot – are fueled by an industry-leading marketing platform that connects tens of millions of people with a wide range of financial institutions who can help improve those people’s lives.
WalletJoy supports financial newcomers of any background with guidance, tools, and technological resources that deliver tangible financial outcomes. By prioritizing our community and life experiences, we help people navigate their finances with confidence so they can de-stress, focus on the moment, and make better financial decisions.
Who You Are
As the Editor, your main objective is to produce high-quality content that aligns with the vision of new personal finance resource, WalletJoy.com. You will own your content from pre- through post-production, ensuring all articles, studies, surveys, etc. are accurate, engaging, and optimized for the web, search engines, and our target audience. The Editor collaborates with multiple internal teams, as well as freelance writers and editors.
How You’ll Contribute
As the Editor for a new brand seeking to break into the personal finance space, you will be pivotal in the building of WalletJoy’s foundation of engaging and educational content.
- Fact-check and edit high-quality content that adheres to WalletJoy’s voice, AP style, and SEO best practices.
- Manage your content through various phases of pre- and post-production to ensure on-time delivery of high-quality articles for WalletJoy.com. This includes crafting informative assignment briefs that empower writers to turn around their best work, working with writers on any necessary revisions, fact-checking, editing and rewriting for flow and impact, sourcing photography, SEO optimizing, building and scheduling in WordPress, and QA.
- Work with writers to hone their craft and help them produce personal finance content that is as engaging and shareable as it is informative.
- Research and review competitors, SEO keyword trends, and analytics to inform your brainstorming as well as editing decisions.
- Track trends in the digital landscape to support continual growth of WalletJoy.com by conducting competitive research to inform your brainstorming, keeping an ear out for new modes of storytelling to test, and suggesting ways to optimize WalletJoy’s content offerings.
- Collaborate with Partnerships, PR, Video, Social, Product, and UX teams as needed on editorial projects.
- Some writing and miscellaneous projects as needed.
- A minimum of 3 years of editorial experience within the personal finance space for a digital publication
- Ability to collaborate and manage your projects across teams and freelancers
- Comfortable with ambiguity, taking initiative, getting resourceful, and driving forward solutions
- Clear understanding of how SEO influences content and knowledge of online reporting and keyword research tools
- An idea generator who stays on top of trends and loves finding new ways to package written content
- Excellent planning, attention to detail, and follow-through skills
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with a collaboration platform like Kapost, Trello, or Monday.com
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Marketing, or a related field
- Light experience with Photoshop, Piktochart, or Canva a plus
To Apply Please Submit the Following:
- A cover letter that addresses what you’d bring to the WalletJoy team and what kind of content you can help us add to our site.
- A resume detailing your qualifications for this role and accomplishments
- Three editorial clips that showcase your experience and expertise