Marketing Business Analyst
Los Angeles, CA /
Analytics – Analytics - Marketing /
Core Digital Media is focused on empowering people to improve their lives financially. For the last 20+ years, our websites LowerMyBills and PolicyPilot have been focused on helping people navigate the world of finances, providing them with savings and money-making opportunities through our relationships with service providers across mortgage, credit cards, loans, insurance, banking, home services and personal finance.
Core Digital Media (CDM) is seeking a Marketing Business Analyst to join our Analytics Group. As part of the Data Team, you’ll work closely with Tech, Data Science, and Analytics; to understand available data, monitor business trends, implement tracking, and develop new KPIs. You will also partner closely with marketing and SEO stakeholders, to support and optimize organic traffic growth and email campaigns.
The Marketing Business Analyst will work across the organization identifying actionable insights to drive strategic business decisions. This collaborative role will query data from multiple databases, research and implement innovative ways to look at data, perform a wide range of formal and ad hoc analyses, and present recommendations across all levels of the company. This role requires strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to support senior leadership and external partners.
- Manage day to day business trends, focusing on both short and long-term impacts to key KPIs.
- Build dynamic dashboards in Tableau to track key KPIs, consumer/campaign insights, and empower business clients to discover actionable insights.
- Create and manage reporting in Google Analytics 360 and Data Studio.
- Preparing and cleansing large sets of data, as required for reporting and analysis.
- Analyze data through exploratory data analyses, statistical modeling, or other methodologies to solve business questions and identify areas for optimization and automation.
- Develop what-if models to apply to variety of business problems.
- Work closely with colleagues across CDM and build strong relationships with: Data, Marketing, Product, Sales and others to drive improvement in quality, volume, service, and profitability.
- Summarize and present analytical findings to stakeholders to support strategic planning discussions.
- Experience with SQL or a related language
- Experience developing reports and dashboards utilizing BI visualization tools (Tableau, Microstrategy, Power BI, etc.).
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to remain productive and focused in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to cultivate and foster effective working relationships with internal and external partners.
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience manipulating and analyzing data with R, SAS, or other statistical computing language.
- Intermediate understanding of Google Analytics including data collection, reports, and some advanced analysis/marketing tools.
- Knowledge of statistical measures (hypothesis testing, regressions, etc.) and the ability to explain methodologies to a range of audiences.
- Experience with SEO and email campaign analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience delivering business analytics, and a proven track record of collaborating with a cross functional team, to deliver results.
Core Digital Media an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Core Digital Media is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. CDM provides employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
The health and safety of our team members is paramount and we are currently working in a remote environment. We hope to return to the office at some point, in some capacity, and will only do so when it is safe.