Program Implementation Manager
Information Technology – IT operations /
The Program Implementation Manageris responsible for working with stakeholders and external customers to define and prioritize the work that will return the highest customer value for the COREConnect disaster response solution. Our Program Implementation Manageris responsible for partnering with the CORE development team, Emergency Management Organizations (EMO) and community leaders to establish the strategic requirements necessary to launch a disaster response solution. They will meet with the teams and manage the overall product roadmap approved by the governance committee. The Program Implementation Manager is a key member of the team determining product deliverables that meet changing market requirements.
- Leads CORE’s internal product team as the main subject matter expert on emergency management and response
- Facilitates engagement with relevant Emergency Management Agencies, NGO emergency response agencies
- Presents COREConnect solution to interested stakeholders
- Attends relevant industry events to market COREConnect
- Ensures the solution meets Emergency Response Organization compliance and applicable regulatory requirements
- Works with key stakeholders across internal groups to develop and communicate key metrics within the app and monitordata quality within the app.
- Coordinate deployment and delivery with members of the COREConnect development team.
- Develops, conducts and coordinates use of COREConnect duringemergency response exercises. Facilitates exercises after action de-briefs.
- Develops and implements training modules for COREConnect. Establish training and exercise support for all emergency response staff.
- Develops internal and external partnerships for effective emergency management communication and coordination.
- Facilitates cooperation with and coordination of Business Continuity and Information Technology Disaster Recovery teams for annual testing.
- When responding during live emergencies, provides strategic and technical assistance to the Emergency Operations Center Director and staff during emergencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Scope and Travel:
- Direct Reports: Sr. Director Of Technology
- Travel: 20-50%
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable field of studyrequired, Masters in Emergency Management preferred
- 5 years’ experience in management
- 5 years of experience in emergency management
- Previous leadership experience with launching or establishing a start-up or new program.
- Worked with EMA and NGO partners
- Current emergency management authorities, regulations,requirements, principles, methodologies, and protocols.
- Federal and State law relative to the Standardized Emergency Management System; federal emergency management program.
- Understanding of emergency response components, teams, and facilities; survivable communications systems; utility infrastructure; disaster damage assessment intelligence processing, situation analysis methods and risk assessment
- Supervisory concepts and techniques; team building.
- Budgetary concepts and procedures
- Project management
- Contract administration
- Emerging technologies of emergency management
Skills and Competencies
- Standard Emergency Management System Approved Course of Instruction (ACI) G 606 certification.
- Independent Study-700 certification (National Incident Management System [NIMS Overview])
- Independent Study-800 certification (National Response Framework [NRF] Overview)
- Incident Command System 100 and 200 certification, or Standard Emergency Management System Approved Course of Instruction Field Modules 1-6
$80,000 - $100,000 a year
In accordance with CA law, the expected pay range for this CA position is posted with this position. The actual compensation will be determined based on experience and other factors permitted by law.