Cedar Hill, TX /
Current Open Positions – Production Technician /
Mon - Friday + overtime available
1st shift: 6am -2pm
2nd Shift 2pm-10pm
3rd shift 10pm-6am
**BACKGROUND FRIENDLY** Case by Case(No 1st degree Felonies)
Summary: Manufacturing sheet metal. Tape measuring and simple math a plus.
This company is fast growing, 100% employee-owned, nationwide manufacturer of metal roofing, siding and building components. This is a faith-based organization with an extremely caring workplace culture.
Job Duties And Essential Functions
• Follow all plant safety procedures and use all applicable personal protective equipment (PPE). Hold other team members accountable to follow all safety procedures.
• Operate all machinery required following safety guidelines; machinery can include benders, rollformers, wrappers, slitters, shears, forklifts, and other machines as assigned.
• Follow all setup procedures and work instructions as documented in the Operations System.
• Complete all quality checks as documented; make adjustments and re-produce product as needed to provide accurate and damage-free product to the Customer.
• Complete all daily orders in assigned area.
• Meet or exceed area's goals including safety, productivity, scrap, on-time delivery and accuracy.
• Perform daily operator preventive maintenance checks, as assigned.
• Report all machinery issues to Maintenance promptly.
• Clean and reset work area at the end of each shift, including but not limited to sweeping the floor placing items in the proper storage area, stacking pallets, restocking packaging, and dumping trash.
• Accurately update all records and visual tracking, whether written or electronic (e.g., coil footage, cover sheets)
• Cross-train as directed and be willing to work at any production position in the plant, on an as needed basis.
• Participate in monthly inventory.
• Complete all other tasks as required or assigned by the immediate supervisor and/or upper management.
• Must be willing to master the ability to operate assigned task and cross-train in at least two additional work tasks.
• Have excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
• Be helpful, follow procedures, learn quickly, and be customer and detail oriented.
• Demonstrated support of company goals, values and mission statement.
• A continuous improvement mindset with ability to verbalize ideas for process and work flow improvements
• Self-starter with High School diploma or equivalent.
• Ability to read a tape measure, do basic mathematical calculations and use a calculator.
• Ability to learn production operations.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time and to lift 75 pounds.
• Ability to twist, bend and reach to perform job duties.
• Ability to work while being exposed to outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat.
• Follow procedures and utilize appropriate Personal Protective Equipment.
• Ability to learn internal Enterprise Resource Planning System.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel preferred.
• Be willing to work various shifts
EEOC Statement. Cornbread Hustle is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status