Marketing Operations Manager
🧠 About Cortex
Cortex is an internal developer portal built to accelerate the path to engineering excellence. Companies like Docker, TripAdvisor, and Brex use Cortex to catalog, score, and assign action to improve service quality and velocity, so devs can get back to work that drives the business forward.
We’re fully remote and welcome candidates from anywhere in the US! We have quarterly offsites where we fly the whole team out to meet in person, build stronger relationships, kick off important projects, and have fun!
We’re a small but mighty group of ~50 passionate individuals excited about building a product that developers love. We raised $35M in Series B Funding in 2023 led by IVP with Sequoia Capital and previously raised a series A co-led by Tiger Global and Sequoia Capital. You can read more about it here.
💼 Job Summary
We are seeking a Marketing Operations Manager to join our team. This role will report into the Head of Demand Generation and has a heavy emphasis on driving demand and pipeline for the team. As the Marketing Operations Manager, you will be responsible for driving marketing efficiency and effectiveness by implementing and optimizing marketing processes, technologies, and analytics. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure smooth execution of marketing campaigns, lead management, and reporting.
- Manage marketing technology stack and implement tools to optimize marketing operations, including marketing automation, CRM, analytics, and reporting systems
- Develop and optimize marketing workflows, processes, and procedures to streamline campaign execution and improve team efficiencyCollaborate with marketing, sales, and product teams to establish lead management processes and ensure seamless flow of leads through the marketing and sales funnel
- Monitor and analyze marketing performance metrics to identify areas of improvement and provide actionable insights to optimize marketing campaigns
- Own and manage marketing data and analytics, including data hygiene, segmentation, and reporting
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams to ensure accurate and timely execution of marketing campaigns, including email marketing, content distribution, social media, and events
- BS degree in Marketing or Business Administration is preferred or 3+ years of equivalent industry experience
- Experience with our current tools: Marketo and Salesforce (Marketo certified is a bonus, but not required)
- Experience with webinar platforms, sales engagement platforms, email hygiene tools, data enrichment, lead routing, web analytics tools like Google Analytics, etc.
- Good organizational agility and interpersonal ability to work effectively within a geographically dispersed, multi-functional team
- Strong written and verbal communicator, ability to summarize and present technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Experience driving projects from start-to-finish, even when faced with deep complexity and ambiguity
- Experience in B2B SaaS or developer tools industry is a plusAbility to adapt to a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment
🌴 Perks & Benefits
- Competitive salary and equity/stock options
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- $400 monthly perks stipend
- 401k plan
- Unlimited PTO
- Gender-neutral parental leave
- Quarterly team retreats (previously San Francisco, Miami, Austin)
- Our job titles may span more than one career level. The base pay for this role starts between $100,000 and $130,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role is eligible for equity and benefits
- Cortex is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Cortex is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please email email@example.com