Senior Business Development Representative (BDR)
🧠 About Cortex
Cortex helps engineering teams build reliable and innovative software at scale, by making it easy for engineering organizations to gain visibility into their services and deliver high quality software.
Our goal is to help Engineering teams foster a culture of reliability and ownership, while letting them focus on building software for the business. Companies like Sofi, Opendoor, Loom, StockX, Brex, Palo Alto Networks, and so many more have trusted Cortex as a part of their Engineering team.
We’re remote-first and welcome candidates from anywhere in the US! We have quarterly team retreat where we fly the whole team out to a new location so we can meet in person, get to know each other better, kick off important projects, and have fun!
🤝 The team
We’re a small but mighty group of passionate individuals, excited about building a product that developers love. We recently raised $15M in series A funding, co-led by Tiger Global and Sequoia Capital. You can read more about it here. We are passionate about building a product customers love and a diverse and inclusive culture we can be proud of.
If all of this resonates with you, this role might be for you! Come join us and help us transform the way software is built.
💼 About the role
We’re looking for experienced Sr. Business Development Representatives (Sr. BDRs) to join as founding members of Cortex’s BDR organization. The role exists to generate qualified sales opportunities and supply Cortex with an exceptional talent pipeline.
💼 You will:
- Always operate with bias to action
- Deliver qualified meetings and generate sales qualified opportunities on a monthly basis
- Accurately forecast weekly, monthly performance results (qualified meetings and SQOs)
- Hit and exceed monthly quota
- Execute Daily KPIs including speed to lead (inbound lead handling) and cold call/email metrics
- Collaborate and be a team player with Account Executive teammates to strategize and break into new business accounts
- Develop mastery of phone qualification and copywriting skills to generate interest in Cortex
- Develop mastery of pipeline generation with a heavy emphasis on meeting quality and opportunities that convert into new customers.
- Think outside of the box to generate interest in Cortex’s offering
- Work closely with your manager to improve BDR systems, tools and processes
- Develop mastery of prospecting tools: Outreach, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, LinkedIn Insights, Salesforce, Seamless AI and more
- Develop mastery around pipeline generation and prospecting process
- Receive broad exposure across departments, including marketing, product, and sales
These responsibilities are just the start. At Cortex, we encourage you to Embrace Growth, spearhead and contribute to what piques your interest and shape your role accordingly.
- 3+ years of professional experience
- 6+ months of B2B SaaS BDR experience
- Demonstrated strong performance track record
🌴 Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive salary and equity/stock options
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Generous monthly perks stipend
- Retirement plans
- Flexible time-off
- Parental leave
- Quarterly team retreats
Base Salary: $75,000 Variable Earnings: $35,000 On-Target-Earnings: $110,000
Cortex is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Cortex is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.