People Operations Partner
🧠 About Cortex
Cortex helps engineering teams build reliable and innovative software at scale, by making it easy for engineering organizations to gain visibility into their services and deliver high quality software.
Our goal is to help Engineering teams foster a culture of reliability and ownership, while letting them focus on building software for the business. Companies like Sofi, Opendoor, Loom, StockX, Brex, Palo Alto Networks, and so many more have trusted Cortex as a part of their Engineering teams.
We’re remote-first and welcome candidates from anywhere in the US! We have quarterly offsites where we fly the whole team out to a new location so we can meet in person, get to know each other better, kick off important projects, and have fun!
🤝 The team
We’re a small but mighty group of passionate individuals, excited about building a product that developers love. We recently raised $15M in series A funding, co-led by Tiger Global and Sequoia Capital. You can read more about it here. We are passionate about building a product customers love and a diverse and inclusive culture we can be proud of.
If all of this resonates with you, this role might be for you! Come join us and help us transform the way software is built.
💻 About the role
We’re looking for our first People Operations hire. This will be a key role in supporting our employees. You’ll leverage your experience and creativity to manage people systems, programs and processes that enable our people to do their best work.
- Primary point of contact for all employee questions around people team administrative needs
- Support the full employment lifecycle of our employees from onboarding to offboarding
- Recommend, manage, and lead execute on a wide variety of human resource programs from strategic to day-to-day tactical
- Design and/or administer employee benefits
- Help conceive and implement inclusion & diversity initiatives that make Cortex a great place for everybody to work
- 3+ years of experience with proven success in HR Operations and Generalist work
- Working knowledge of employment law, HR Tech and range of programs
- Familiarity with benefits and payroll enrollment processes
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and maneuver ambiguity
🌴 Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive salary and equity/stock options
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Generous monthly perks stipend
- Retirement plans
- Flexible time-off
- Parental leave
- Quarterly team retreats
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base pay for this role is $90,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role is eligible for equity and benefits.
Cortex is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Cortex is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.