Senior Customer Success Manager (CSM)
🧠 About Cortex
Cortex helps engineering teams build reliable and innovative software at scale, by making it easy for engineering organizations to gain visibility into their services and deliver high quality software. See Cortex in Action: Demo Video Our goal is to help Engineering teams foster a culture of reliability and ownership, while letting them focus on building software for the business. Companies like SoFi, Opendoor, Adobe, StockX, Brex, Unity, and so many more have trusted Cortex as a part of their Engineering teams.
We’re remote-first and welcome candidates from anywhere in the US! We have quarterly offsites where we fly the whole team out to a new location so we can meet in person, get to know each other better, kick off important projects, and have fun!
🤝 The team
We’re a small but mighty group of passionate individuals, excited about building a product that developers love. We recently raised $15M in series A funding, co-led by Tiger Global and Sequoia Capital. You can read more about it here. We are passionate about building a product customers love and a diverse and inclusive culture we can be proud of. If all of this resonates with you, this role might be for you! Come join us and help us transform the way software is built.
💻 About the role
The Senior Customer Success Manager will play a key role in driving customer success, renewals and subscription expansion within our customer base.
What You Will Do:
- Meet/exceed quarterly renewal targets by proactively managing renewal portfolio and customer retention activities as a member of the Go To Market (GTM) team.
- Serve as primary point of contact for assigned customers in securing renewal - including quotation, negotiation, and closing activities.
- Identify and collaborate with the sales team regarding expansion, upsell, and additional service/support opportunities within accounts.
- Meet regularly with our customers to ensure they are being onboarded onto the Cortex platform successfully.
- Promote the use of Cortex features, including new releases.
- Support and maintain relationships with key users and decision-makers at assigned customers, keeping them connected to Cortex’s value.
- Proactively identify issues/risks and escalate internally for prompt resolution.
- Develop and nurture customers to become strong advocates on behalf of Cortex.
- Contribute to continual improvements to our best practices for engagement, value-add, and renewal to meet long-term customer satisfaction and internal goals.
- Increase customer executive engagement and help arrange for executive invites to headquarters, marketing, and customer engagement events.
- 4+ years of relevant experience in a B2B SaaS industry.
- Able to communicate effectively with business executives and leaders about the technical, account, and financial aspects of their business relationship with Cortex.
- Experienced with the discovery process, running Executive level reviews, and customer service escalation models.
- Highly motivated, goal-driven, outgoing, inquisitive, and customer-centric.
- Honest and transparent partner to customers, winning and keeping their trust.
- Exceptionally well organized / detail-oriented with outstanding oral and written skills.
- Technically competent with a fundamental understanding of Cortex technology, offerings, and value proposition.
- Knowledgeable in tracking sales activities, customer data, and customer status.
- Successfully able to manage a high number of accounts at any given time.
🌴 Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive salary and equity/stock options
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Generous monthly perks stipend
- Retirement plans
- Flexible time-off
- Parental leave
- Quarterly team retreats
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base pay for this role is between $140,000 and $145,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role is eligible for equity and benefits.
Cortex is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Cortex is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please email email@example.com