Fullstack Software Engineer
🧠 About Cortex
Cortex helps engineering teams build reliable and innovative software at scale, by making it easy for engineering organizations to gain visibility into their services and deliver high quality software.
Our goal is to help Engineering teams foster a culture of reliability and ownership, while letting them focus on building software for the business. Companies like Sofi, Opendoor, Loom, StockX, Brex, Palo Alto Networks, and so many more have trusted Cortex as a part of their Engineering teams.
We’re remote-first and welcome candidates from anywhere in the US! We have quarterly offsites where we fly the whole team out to a new location so we can meet in person, get to know each other better, kick off important projects, and have fun!
🤝 The team
We’re a small but mighty group of passionate individuals, excited about building a product that developers love. We recently raised $15M in series A funding, co-led by Tiger Global and Sequoia Capital. You can read more about it here. We are passionate about building a product customers love and a diverse and inclusive culture we can be proud of.
If all of this resonates with you, this role might be for you! Come join us and help us transform the way software is built.
💻 About the role
We’re looking for a Mid-level to Senior-level Fullstack Software Engineer who will take ownership of product features, implement changes, and mentor others. You will join our small tight knit team of Software Engineers and have a major impact on our product direction and company culture.
- Java, Kotlin, TypeScript, PostgresSQL, React
- Ownership. You’ll be responsible for building high-performing and scalable product.
- Culture. You’ll influence our growing Engineering team. As we grow, you’ll help hire and mentor other Software Engineers we bring onboard.
- Collaboration. You’ll work closely with engineering, product, leadership, sales, to define API interfaces.
- Flexibility. You’ll have the opportunity to flex beyond the typical scope of a Fullstack Engineer by improving our planning, development, deployment processes, and so much more.
These responsibilities are just the start. At Cortex, we encourage you to Embrace Growth, spearhead and contribute to what piques your interest and shape your role accordingly.
- 3+ years of experience in a software engineering role working with a team in a production environment
- Experience in PostgresSQL and Kotlin, but not required.
- Understanding fundamental design principles around designing responsive and user-friendly applications
- Understanding fundamentals of SaaS products.
🌴 Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive salary and equity/stock options
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Generous monthly health & wellness stipend
- Retirement plans
- Flexible time-off
- Parental leave
- Quarterly team retreats
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base pay for this role starts between $135,000 and $145,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role is eligible for equity and benefits.
Cortex is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Cortex is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org