Customer Support Engineer
🧠 About Cortex
Cortex helps engineering teams build reliable and innovative software at scale, by making it easy for engineering organizations to gain visibility into their services and deliver high quality software.
Our goal is to help Engineering teams foster a culture of reliability and ownership, while letting them focus on building software for the business. Companies like Sofi, Opendoor, Loom, StockX, Brex, Palo Alto Networks, and so many more have trusted Cortex as a part of their Engineering teams.
We’re remote-first and welcome candidates from anywhere in the US! We have quarterly offsites where we fly the whole team out to a new location so we can meet in person, get to know each other better, kick off important projects, and have fun!
🤝 The team
We’re a small but mighty group of passionate individuals, excited about building a product that developers love. We recently raised $15M in series A funding, co-led by Tiger Global and Sequoia Capital. You can read more about it here. We are passionate about building a product customers love and a diverse and inclusive culture we can be proud of.
If all of this resonates with you, this role might be for you! Come join us and help us transform the way software is built.
💻 About the role
We’re looking for a Customer Engineer who will take ownership of clients relationship, implement changes, and problem solve. You will join our small tight knit team of Solutions Engineering team and have a major impact on our product direction and company culture. At Cortex, we're customer-focused, this position is a high-impact role.
- Respond to client requests and issues on our fast paced team
- Reproduce issues and dive deep into our ever expanding platform
- Help to onboard our customers
- Help to educate our customers on best practices within the developer space to ensure smooth onboarding, faster adoption and seamless user experience
- Build out documentation and knowledge based articles
- Drive product conversations based on needs and problems learned during client interactions
- 1+ year of experience working with Cloud Architecture
- Deep understanding of microservices and best SRE/DevOps practices
- 1+ year of experience working in customer service/customer facing experience. We’re customer first here at Cortex and we need people that default to this mindset.
- A bias for action and self-directed prioritization in ambiguous situations.
- A growth mindset that wants to help our team and processes evolve.
- Ability to read code in one or more languages and make simple code changes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication: You can explain complex technical concepts with clarity to a user, engineer, or executive and bring the voice of the user back to the team.
🌴 Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive salary and equity/stock options. Learn more about our Compensation Philosophy.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Generous monthly health & wellness stipend
- Retirement plans
- Flexible time-off
- Parental leave
- Quarterly team retreats
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base pay for this role is between $115,000 and $135,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role is eligible for equity and benefits.
Cortex is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Cortex is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please email email@example.com