Senior Sales Engineer
🧠 About Cortex
Cortex helps engineering teams build reliable and innovative software at scale, by making it easy for engineering organizations to gain visibility into their services and deliver high quality software.
Our goal is to help Engineering teams foster a culture of reliability and ownership, while letting them focus on building software for the business. Companies like Sofi, Opendoor, Loom, StockX, Brex, Palo Alto Networks, and so many more have trusted Cortex as a part of their Engineering teams.
We’re remote-first and welcome candidates from anywhere in the US! We have quarterly offsites where we fly the whole team out to a new location so we can meet in person, get to know each other better, kick off important projects, and have fun!
🤝 The team
We’re a small but mighty group of passionate individuals, excited about building a product that developers love. We recently raised $15M in series A funding, co-led by Tiger Global and Sequoia Capital. You can read more about it here. We are passionate about building a product customers love and a diverse and inclusive culture we can be proud of.
If all of this resonates with you, this role might be for you! Come join us and help us transform the way software is built.
💻 About the role
We’re looking for a Senior Solutions Engineer who will take ownership of customers experience. You will join our small tight knit team of our Sales Team and have a major impact on our product direction and company culture.
- Establish relationships with engineering teams acting as their technical resource throughout the pre-sales cycle
- Work side-by-side with our account executives to scope opportunities and partner on pre-sales engagement.
- Understand, empathize with service architecture hurdles and headaches, delivering valuable technical solutions
- Guide prospects in implementing Cortex best practices and delivering ad hoc product session
- Ensure the technical win for Cortex with tailored product demonstrations, guided enablement and onboarding, and routine technical office hours.
- Keep apprised of the competitive landscape and ongoing product development.
- Attend conferences, helping to evangelize Cortex to the engineering community
- Work strategically and creatively to ensure the prospect’s success during implementation, devising innovative solutions when appropriate.
- Act as trusted partner and champion for prospects internally assuring technical needs are met, issues surfaced, and roadmap items defined.
- Contribute to internal and external knowledge base resources and guides for the Cortex community
- 3+ years of hands-on relevant industry experience at high growth start-up environment
- Strong understanding of microservices and SaaS product to answer technical questions or concerns from customers
- Experienced with writing scripts, automation, and operations for setting up, onboarding customers.
- Strong written and verbal communication for driving adoption and resolve questions/concerns from customers
- Highly organized, flexible, with can-do attitude
- Strong problem investigation and resolution skills
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus
🌴 Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive salary and equity/stock options
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Generous monthly perks stipend
- Retirement plans
- Flexible time-off
- Parental leave
- Quarterly team retreats
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base pay for this role is between $150,000 and $170,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role is eligible for bonus, equity and benefits.
Cortex is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Cortex is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org