Head of Operations
Reporting to the president as a key member of Cortico’s senior management team, the Head of Operations will be responsible for developing and implementing policies and procedures in the organization’s finances and operations. The Head of Operations will play a critical role in partnering with the senior leadership team in strategic decision-making and operations as Cortico continues to scale the organization and build its social impact platform. The Head of Operations will be a hands-on manager and will lead Cortico’s internal team and external contractors to support the following areas: finance, business planning and budgeting, people operations, administration, and information technology.
- Work with the president and management team to establish Cortico’s financial planning, budgeting, and cash flow objectives.
- Serve as the management liaison to the board and auditors on financial matters, including regular presentations at select board of directors and management meetings.
- Maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping the president informed of all critical issues.
- Partner with the president and management team to ensure that the focus remain on the organization’s mission while maintaining the culture that makes Cortico unique.
- Manage Cortico’s external financial contractors, including their preparation of regular financial reports and annual taxes.
- Analyze and present financial reports to the management team in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials, and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting and reporting.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with Cortico’s financial and legal contractors, external auditors and the board of directors; assess any changes necessary.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the president; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep senior leadership team informed of the organization’s financial status.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/reporting system; ensure that payroll, accounts payable and receivable schedules are adhered to and that cash flow can support operational requirements.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices.
- Work with the president and Cortico’s legal counsel to implement and manage proper partnership agreements and contracts.
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the management team and board of directors.
- Continue to develop and implement Cortico’s people operations and administration, including professional development, compensation and benefits, performance evaluation, and training.
- Drive Cortico’s recruitment process, with an emphasis on hiring and retention of diverse employees.
- Manage Cortico’s onboarding program to educate employees regarding staff policies, procedures, and tools.
- Monitor and improve where necessary Cortico’s information technology infrastructure, implementing new technologies to support key capabilities as required for future growth.
- Oversee administrative functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations as the organization scales.
Communications and Marketing
- Collaborate with the president and management team to develop effective communications and marketing plans.
- Coordinate the implementation of the resulting communications and marketing plans, including the integration of outside resources.
- Oversee Cortico’s website, ensuring that content is up-to-date and managing any external contractor design work.
- Minimum of a BA, ideally with an MBA/CPA or related degree
- At least five to seven years of overall professional experience; ideally three-plus years of broad financial and operations management experience
- The ideal candidate has been responsible for the quality and content of financial data and reporting for a business, division or program area, and has preferably overseen people operations
- Technology savvy with experience selecting and implementing information technologies; knowledge of accounting and reporting software strongly preferred
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical initiatives
- A multitasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of Cortico
We're an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity at Cortico as our mission itself is to give voice to our common ground. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.