Investment Analyst - 7352
Georgia - Atlanta
CSC (Corporate) – Investments
At Cortland, you map the story of your success. We don't adhere to the status quo, we love outside industry perspective, and we thrive on exploring possibilities and reimagining solutions. As an innovative leader in multifamily, our high performance continues to drive exponential growth – and we invite you to join us on our journey towards real estate excellence. With tools and guidance to sharpen your skills, you can forge your own career path, love what you do, and let it show.
As an Investment Analyst, you support the development and acquisition of multimillion dollar, multifamily apartment home communities through quantitative analysis, modeling, and reporting. Here are the roles you’ll play:
The Model Builder
- Create abstract representations of real-world financial environments and behaviors
- Use financial projection models to monitor performance of investments relative to market conditions and specific business plans
- Develop, conduct, and coordinate financial models and analysis to facilitate investment decisions, including acquisitions and raising capital
- Help forecast sales and underwrite for the development, acquisition, and disposition of various real estate investments
- Track, coordinate, and update investment models through the capital raising process
The Reports Guru
- Methodically arrange remarkable amounts of detailed financial information into super-organized reports – it’s your superpower!
- Prepare investment briefs, committee materials, investor reports, and so much more
- Clearly communicate property and portfolio results including internal valuations of real estate assets based on the latest debt and equity sources
- Create deal presentations on individual assets as well as new capital structures
- Double-check your work so team members are confident that your numbers are always spot on
The Number Cruncher
- Manipulate and organize numerical data so that astute analytical inferences can be drawn
- Build distribution waterfalls for both existing and prospective investments
- Collaborate with equity partners and deal/debt teams throughout the portfolio modelling process
- Conduct market research that will allow you to analyze supply/demand and rent/sales comparables, including estimated replacement cost
- Review operating and capital budgets for the Operations group and execute the business plan for the Investments team
THE IMPACT YOU CAN MAKE
- The Director of Investments looks forward to seeing your well-developed models, insightful reports, and in-depth analyses.
- Investors have a crystal-clear picture of how their assets are performing thanks to your continuous and clear communication.
- Your understanding of data is so spot-on, everyone is always turning to you for key analyses.
YOUR BUILDING BLOCKS OF SUCCESS
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative or financial discipline
- Proficiency in distribution waterfalls, financial modelling, and accounting
- Understanding of real estate dynamics and capital structuring
- Great interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Excellent quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills – able to create comprehensive financial models
- Extraordinary organizational and strategic planning skills
- Mastery of Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of SQL, Python, xlwings, and VBA a plus
THE CORTLAND DIFFERENCE
At Cortland, we create, reimagine, and manage apartment communities for residents nationwide. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA, we have communities and regional offices all over the country, as well as overseas. From product design and procurement to general contracting and property management, we do it all – to make sure our communities are the perfect setting for living life to its fullest.
Our success is fueled by our belief in a better life – where hospitality is always a given, each detail is worth a second thought, and every open door is a new opportunity to go beyond expectations. We come to work every day to create possibilities for people – possibilities that translate into superior living spaces and experiences designed to inspire our residents, associates, and investors to live a better life focused on what matters most to them.
Cortland is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud to support and celebrate diversity in the workplace. We are committed to equal consideration for all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you have a disability and need an accommodation or assistance with the application process and/or using our website, please email email@example.com or call 404.965.3988.
Cortland is a drug-free workplace.
Cortland participates in e-verify to verify the employment status of all persons hired to work in the United States.