Senior Service Technician - 7513
North Carolina - Charlotte
Communities – Service
At Cortland, you map the story of your success. We don't adhere to the status quo, we love outside industry perspective, and we thrive on exploring possibilities and reimagining solutions. As an innovative leader in multifamily, our high performance continues to drive exponential growth – and we invite you to join us on our journey towards real estate excellence. With tools and guidance to sharpen your skills, you can forge your own career path, love what you do, and let it show.
As a Service Technician, you assist in maintaining the physical integrity of a multimillion dollar, multifamily apartment home community for residents, visitors, and associates alike. Here are the roles you'll play:
- Seem to have superpowers because you know how to diagnose and fix pretty much anything — electrical, plumbing, HVAC, gas, appliance, structural, lighting, and security systems
- Make your community a higher functioning and more efficient place for residents to call home
- Combat Facilities and Services challenges by performing routine preventive maintenance and making sure all tools are in perfect condition
- Do whatever it takes — fixing a leak, repairing damage in a vacant unit, or removing abandoned furniture and appliances — to keep your community in tip-top shape
- Eliminate disarray, disrepair, and chaos to keep your community running like a well-oiled machine
- Make residents feel confident you will be there for them if something in their apartment breaks
The Outdoors Enthusiast
- Always looking for an excuse to be outside — not a fan of sitting in a cubicle
- Welcome opportunities to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty
- Not intimidated by extreme weather, sewage, or heights
- Happy to be on your feet most of the day, walking long distances, working on roofs, lifting up to 75 pounds, and operating machinery
THE IMPACT YOU CAN MAKE
- Residents feel completely confident that all community maintenance issues will be repaired quickly and effectively.
- Service requests are at an all-time low, thanks to all your preventive maintenance and quick repairs.
- Your community looks perfect. Common areas are spotless, the grounds are beautiful, and curb appeal is worthy of a magazine cover.
YOUR BUILDING BLOCKS OF SUCCESS
- Solid record of carpentry, plumbing, and electrical repair experience
- Physical agility and mobility
- Resourceful problem solver
- Ability to interact with customers professionally and enthusiastically
- Current CPO and HVAC certifications
THE CORTLAND DIFFERENCE
At Cortland, we create, reimagine, and manage apartment communities for residents nationwide. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA, we have communities and regional offices all over the country, as well as overseas. From product design and procurement to general contracting and property management, we do it all – to make sure our communities are the perfect setting for living life to its fullest.
Our success is fueled by our belief in a better life – where hospitality is always a given, each detail is worth a second thought, and every open door is a new opportunity to go beyond expectations. We come to work every day to create possibilities for people – possibilities that translate into superior living spaces and experiences designed to inspire our residents, associates, and investors to live a better life focused on what matters most to them.
Cortland is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud to support and celebrate diversity in the workplace. We are committed to equal consideration for all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you have a disability and need an accommodation or assistance with the application process and/or using our website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 404.965.3988.
Cortland is a drug-free workplace.
Cortland participates in e-verify to verify the employment status of all persons hired to work in the United States.