Groundskeeper - 7463
Ohio - Canal Winchester
Communities – Service
At Cortland, you map the story of your success. We don't adhere to the status quo, we love outside industry perspective, and we thrive on exploring possibilities and reimagining solutions. As an innovative leader in multifamily, our high performance continues to drive exponential growth – and we invite you to join us on our journey towards real estate excellence. With tools and guidance to sharpen your skills, you can forge your own career path, love what you do, and let it show.
As a Groundskeeper, you perform landscaping and cleaning tasks to maintain the grounds and exterior common spaces of a multimillion dollar, multifamily apartment home community. Here are the roles you'll play:
- Do whatever it takes — picking up litter, sweeping sidewalks, wiping down windows — to keep our common areas in tip-top shape
- Perform tasks professionally, without endangering yourself, residents, or fellow associates
- Understand that disarray, clutter, and chaos are the enemies of curb appeal – and not the first impression we want to make on our residents or visitors
- Enjoy sprucing up a space so it’s more inviting
- Know how to transform an outdoor space into a well-manicured wonderland by planting the right grass, flowers, plants, and shrubbery
- Have a green thumb and the ability to see a community through the residents’ eyes
- Ready to grab your shovels and rakes to give nature a makeover
- Quick to remove weeds and dead plants, and replace them with landscaping that looks great
The Outdoors Enthusiast
- Always looking for an excuse to be outside — not a fan of sitting in a cubicle
- Love getting your hands dirty, and happy to be active and work on your feet all day
- Not afraid one bit of extreme weather, bugs, or heights
THE IMPACT YOU CAN MAKE
- Your community looks perfect. Common areas are spotless, the grounds are beautiful, and curb appeal is worthy of a magazine cover.
- Residents are eager to spend more and more time in the common areas and are proud to call your community home.
- Residents are so used to your friendly greetings every day, they treat you like part of the family.
YOUR BUILDING BLOCKS OF SUCCESS
- Solid eye for detail and spotting areas in need of improvement
- Physical agility and mobility
- Resourceful problem solver
- Ability to interact with customers professionally and enthusiastically
THE CORTLAND DIFFERENCE
At Cortland, we create, reimagine, and manage apartment communities for residents nationwide. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA, we have communities and regional offices all over the country, as well as overseas. From product design and procurement to general contracting and property management, we do it all – to make sure our communities are the perfect setting for living life to its fullest.
Our success is fueled by our belief in a better life – where hospitality is always a given, each detail is worth a second thought, and every open door is a new opportunity to go beyond expectations. We come to work every day to create possibilities for people – possibilities that translate into superior living spaces and experiences designed to inspire our residents, associates, and investors to live a better life focused on what matters most to them.
Cortland is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud to support and celebrate diversity in the workplace. We are committed to equal consideration for all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you have a disability and need an accommodation or assistance with the application process and/or using our website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 404.965.3988.
Cortland is a drug-free workplace.
Cortland participates in e-verify to verify the employment status of all persons hired to work in the United States.