Product owner (with technical background)
Krakow, Poland /
Software & Technology – Technology /
What Makes Us Special?
Corva is the emerging leader in real-time data and analytics for the oil & gas industry. The world’s biggest companies rely on our platform every minute of the day to support their critical operations. Our team is actively shaping the future and we are looking for dynamic, creative, and thoughtful individuals to contribute to our success.
The product is a platform with a rich web UI for collecting, visualizing, analyzing, and making sense of data from drilling rigs to help oilfield companies optimize their operations and ensure safety. Corva’s platform is modeled as a cloud app store, which gives enormous flexibility. It’s actively evolving and does not contain legacy code or outdated technologies.
- Back-end: Ruby; Node.js; AWS; Kafka; MongoDB; PostgreSQL
- Lead requirements gathering, features definition, scoping, decision making, and planning technical implementation for 3-8 person development teams.
- Collaboration with all project insiders and stakeholders to prepare, schedule, and report on requirements and task completion
- Creating, prioritizing, adjusting, and keeping up-to-date the product requirements according to strategic product values and business needs
- Developing Product Requirement Document (PRD)
- Anticipating serious product flaws and working toward achieving real solutions
- Driving iteration goals, accepting user stories, and participating in demos and retrospectives.
- 3+ years of experience working in cross-functional teams as a Business Analyst and/or Product Owner
- In-depth knowledge and experience of Scrum and Agile Software Development Methodology
- Ability to define requirements of prototype UX mockups for Web and Mobile applications
- Knowledge of technical aspects of building software products (i.e., technical information, techniques, and architectures)
- Hands-on experience managing all stages of the product development lifecycle
- Knowledge of database and API structures
- Ability to translate complex problems across complex systems into a pure, well-designed user experience
- Ability to prioritize effectively and work in an extremely agile environment
- Experience building consumer-facing applications
- Experience with current requirements management processes and tools
- Process-oriented and exceptionally well organized
- Advanced-level English
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Previous experience as backend developer or devops engineer will be a huge plus
- Working on a great tech stack (app platform) with truly big data (processing 10TB every day)
- Intellectually and creatively stimulating work environment in the product company with a long-term vision
- High-talented team
- Project exposure and ownership that impacts our users, product, and business
- Sport activity compensation
- 24 days PTO, paid sick leaves
- Yearly bonuses
How it looks like: www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWlhdAIjy60
What is going on:
Culture of Corva: youtu.be/Rjg-YHG4S9E