Software Engineer (Req: E114)
Boston, MA /
We’re united by a mission: to make the world a safer place. Corvus Insurance uses artificial intelligence to better understand commercial insurance risk. Our software empowers brokers and policyholders to better predict and prevent complex risks through data-driven tools and Smart Commercial Insurance® policies. This allows us to reduce or eliminate the impact of adverse events, creating a safer world for everyone. Drawing inspiration from the intelligent, tool-building corvid family of birds, we are a team of high-flying collaborative builders. We’re excited to meet you. Spread your wings, and soar with us.
Looking for a company that embraces new technology? Are you interested in Elixir, the Erlang VM, or Elm? Would you like to be an early part of company with lots of growth potential? Corvus Insurance seeks a talented Full Stack Software Engineer to join our early stage technology team. We are a dynamic team of entrepreneurial professionals with backgrounds in insurance and technology creating a commercial insurance company that combines the latest technology with traditional insurance. You will be instrumental in building software systems that create actionable data for our users. You will report to our Engineering Manager.
- You will be responsible for shipping high-quality, production-ready code
- You will write GraphQL APIs and backend services in Elixir using Phoenix and Absinthe
- You will write user interfaces in Elm
- You will work closely with designers and product managers to understand the problems of our end users (insurance brokers, insurance buyers, and Corvus staff)
- You will participate in customer interviews and user testing
- You will review Pull Requests
- You will actively seek to be a better engineer and help others get better
- Experience developing and deploying advanced web based applications and services into staging and production environments
- Desire to immerse yourself in functional languages: Elixir and Elm
- You write readable, quality code and make sure your tests are green before merging into master; you provide code reviews for your fellow team members
- You appreciate Devops (Ansible, Puppet, Docker, etc) and the massive scalability provided by cloud computing and Amazon EC2
- You're comfortable working at an early stage startup and are ready to build a greenfield system (no legacy codebase).You collaborate well with others and are dedicated to the company's success
Corvus provides a seriously safe nest for people who come from all paths. Our flock represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Although confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job, we believe there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Corvus is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
Disclaimer: Bird puns are highly encouraged!