Ballot Access Canvasser (Virginia)
About Cory 2020. Cory Booker is running for president because he believes the answer to our country's common pain is to reignite our sense of common purpose to build a more fair and just nation for everyone.
We're looking for passionate, talented people -- from all backgrounds and walks of life -- who share this mission and are passionate about bringing people together to join our team.
This is an hourly, short-term position to help ensure Cory Booker makes it on the ballot in Virginia. The primary responsibility of the Canvassers is communicate with and collect signatures from critical voters in order to qualify for the ballot.
- Signature Gathering and Reporting. Ballot Access Canvassers will collect signatures to qualify Cory Booker for the ballot in Virginia. They will collect signatures in various locations and will be responsible for appropriately completing and logging all completed petition papers. Ballot Access Canvassers will ensure all daily reports are entered in a timely manner and will report directly to the program director or Ballot Access Organizer.
- Meet Goals. Canvassers will be accountable to a mix of metrics including goals and performance expectations related to quality of work during signature gathering. Petitions will be routinely checked for quality control related to validity and legibility.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail and goal-oriented
- Willingness to work within a diverse team with different experiences and perspectives
- Ability to take feedback and implement changes in real time
- Experience working or volunteering on electoral, union, or community organizing campaigns strongly preferred
Requirements. Must be able to work a minimum of 9 hours a week and a maximum of 29 hours a week. Must have access to dependable transportation that can be used for work-related travel.
Work Environment. There will be no physical office space for ballot access canvassing. Canvassers will operate from community spaces which requires canvassers to get to and from work on their own.
Physical Demands. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This includes high output, talking, driving, and working with other people.
Position Type and Classification. Part-time, non-exempt. Compensation is $15/hour. Travel done during work hours will be reimbursed and detailed in our staff policies.
Other Duties. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Cory 2020 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. The campaign has a zero-tolerance policy for any type of harassment, bullying, or discrimination of any kind in the work place and work-related social situations.