Ballot Access Regional Lead
About Cory 2020. Cory Booker is running for president because he believes the answer to our country's common pain is to reignite our sense of common purpose to build a more fair and just nation for everyone.
We're looking for passionate, talented people -- from all backgrounds and walks of life -- who share this mission and are passionate about bringing people together to join our team.
Ballot Access Regional Leads are critical to Cory 2020. They are responsible for managing signature collection programs in various state, including training and coaching a team of Organizers, who will in turn recruit and manage volunteers to execute the program. Regional Leads will oversee an online and digital organizing program for volunteer engagement and voter contact. Regional Leads will hold their teams accountable to specific goals including phone calls, high-traffic canvassing shifts, recruitment of volunteers, and events.
- Team Management. Oversee and guide team of Organizers who are responsible for recruiting, training, and managing volunteer teams in communities across their assigned turf.
- Meet Goals. Work within a metrics-driven environment to meet goals for volunteer recruitment and signature petition collection. Regional Leads will send daily updates on progress to overall goals and are expected to coach Organizers to reach goals within established timelines.
- Training Development and Facilitation. Regional Leads will assist with developing content and facilitating trainings geared for staff and volunteers.
- Political Outreach. Assist National Political team with managing relationships with delegates, grasstops leaders, electeds, and political endorsers.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and management skills
- Strong attention to detail and data integrity
- Willingness to develop regional strategies and systems that lead your team to successfully meet daily and weekly organizing metrics
- Ability to keep your team focused and motivated in a rigorous work schedule and environment
- Willingness to work within a diverse team with different experiences and perspectives
- Goal-oriented and self-disciplined; able to meet tight deadlines and multitask
- Proficiency with campaign technology including Votebuilder and Google Sheets
- Ability to train Organizing team on field tactics, tools and technology
Work Environment. There will be no physical meeting space for ballot access organizing. Organizers will operate from community spaces which requires routine automobile travel. This role consistently uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones.
Physical Demands. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This includes high output, talking, driving, and working with other people. This job requires the use of cell phones, computers, and other technology.
Position Type and Classification. Full-time, Exempt.
Travel and Deployment. Organizers will be deployed to multiple states. Temporary housing will be provided by the campaign in the form of supporter housing for the ballot access portion of the campaign. If supporter housing is unavailable, hotel accommodations will be provided. The campaign will provide financial resources to cover deployment travel.
Reports to Deputy National Organizing Director.
Other Duties. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Compensation and Benefits. Full-time, competitive salary including benefits such as 100%-employer-paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for all staff, spouses/domestic partners, and their children; employer-paid premiums for life insurance for all staff; 20 accrued paid days off each year; 12 weeks of paid parental leave, and 12 days accrued paid sick leave.
Cory 2020 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.