Online Fundraising Writer
About Cory 2020. Cory Booker is running for president because he believes the answer to our country's common pain is to reignite our sense of common purpose to build a more fair and just nation for everyone.
We're looking for passionate, talented people -- from all backgrounds and walks of life -- who share this mission and are passionate about bringing people together to join our team.
Cory Booker’s presidential campaign is looking for an Online Fundraising Writer, who will serve as a writer for online fundraising communications. They will assist in strategizing online advertising, email marketing, and SMS. Job responsibilities include:
- Serve as a writer for the online fundraising team;
- Write engaging, strategic, and compelling copy for online advertising, email marketing, and mass SMS;
- Ideate, brainstorm, and raise the bar with our digital marketing strategy; and
- Effectively work with campaign team and Cory to identify their voice and character.
- Help the Online Fundraising Director strategize calendar, rapid response moments, and program;
- Ensure decisions are made for every request in a timely, strategic, and efficient manner; and
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop creative concepts and streamline Cory, and the campaign’s, message.
- 1-2 years in digital or communications for a campaign, brand, organization, or firm.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills with strong attention to detail.
- Familiar with online fundraising best practices.
- Excited about compelling content on the internet -- you have strong feelings about your favorite daisy chains and upsell pages.
- You believe No Brand is Too Good for Plain Text Emails (sometimes).
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and long hours, including nights and weekends.
- Passionate about electing Cory Booker as the next President of the United States
Supervisory Responsibilities. This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but will have room to grow a team as the online fundraising team scales.
Work Environment. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones.
Physical Demands. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, talk and hear.
Position Type and Classification. Full-time, Exempt.
Travel. Less than 10% of the time. Travel may occasionally be required to state offices.
Required Education or Certifications. There are no education or certifications required for this position.
Reports To Online Fundraising Content Lead
Other Duties. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Compensation and Benefits. Full-time, competitive salary including benefits such as 100%-employer-paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for all staff, spouses/domestic partners, and their children; employer-paid premiums for life insurance for all staff; 20 accrued paid days off each year; 12 weeks of paid parental leave, and 12 days accrued paid sick leave.
Cory 2020 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.