About Cory 2020. Cory Booker is running for president because he believes the answer to our country's common pain is to reignite our sense of common purpose to build a more fair and just nation for everyone.
We're looking for passionate, talented people -- from all backgrounds and walks of life -- who share this mission and are passionate about bringing people together to join our team.
Research Analyst. The Research Analyst is responsible for identifying research opportunities and executing projects on individuals, companies, and other entities in an accurate, timely manner.
Essential Functions and Percentage of Time.
Long-term research (60%)
- Conduct original research using public records including personal finance filings, campaign finance filings, court records, votes, legislation, press coverage, social media, property records, tax filings, etc.;
- Manage individual research projects and provide strategic input to process, set up, execute and deliver research product; and
- Help to identify research needs, analyze existing research, and incorporate plans into action.
Short-term research (40%)
- Careful and constant monitoring of the news cycle and candidate mentions;
- Maintaining regular issue tracking documents; and
- Track all public communications from candidates and third party groups;
- Prior political research experience of 1-3 years, preferably in a campaign environment, are required;
- Applicants should have a deep familiarity with public records and public records databases including Nexis, campaign finance filings, court case filings, etc.;
- Understanding of political liabilities and what constitutes strengths and vulnerabilities in political records;
- Ability to multi-task and juggle competing priorities in a fast-paced campaign environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; and
- A proactive, internally motivated self-starter who is able to recognize messaging opportunities for the team and the campaign.
Supervisory Responsibilities. This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
Work Environment. This job operates in a professional office environment and requires routine automobile travel. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones.
Physical Demands. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type and Classification. Full-time, Exempt.
Travel. Little to no travel required. No car required.
Required Education or Certifications. No specialty education required.
Reports To Deputy Research Director
Other Duties. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Compensation and Benefits. Full-time, competitive salary including benefits such as 100%-employer-paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for all staff, spouses/domestic partners, and their children; employer-paid premiums for life insurance for all staff; 20 accrued paid days off each year; 12 weeks of paid parental leave, and 12 days accrued paid sick leave.
Cory 2020 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.