National Director of Latinx Coalitions
About Cory 2020. Cory Booker is running for president because he believes the answer to our country's common pain is to reignite our sense of common purpose to build a more fair and just nation for everyone.
We're looking for passionate, talented people -- from all backgrounds and walks of life -- who share this mission and are passionate about bringing people together to join our team.
Director of Coalitions. The Coalitions Director will develop and execute the outreach and implementation for Latinx communities, build coalitions in key states across the country in support of the candidate, and serve as a representative for the campaign in national & local stakeholder meetings and public events.
Essential Functions and Percentage of Time.
- Collaborate with the National Political Director, National Deputy Political Director, and National Deputy Political Director for Coalitions to develop, execute, and track the outreach, endorsement and engagement strategy for elected officials, national coalition stakeholders, and other key stakeholders that make up their coalition group. (25%)
- Maintain and develop relationships with key leadership from major organizations, including serving as a representative for the Senator with key coalitions including conferences and events, organize coalition meetings, present on national stakeholder conference calls, etc. (25%)
- Coordinate with the States and Organizing Departments to facilitate the outreach engagement strategy and build coalitions in the states, ensure that effective outreach strategies are implemented, and incorporate national organizational campaign priorities into state campaign priorities where appropriate. (25%)
- Create and implement external communications platforms and timelines to educate and provide campaign information to stakeholders, coalitions, and elected officials where appropriate; including correspondence, social media engagement, and other in-person engagement with partners. (15%)
- Prepare and develop memos and briefings for events, where appropriate, for the National Political Director and Campaign Manager. (10%)
Competencies. The Coalitions Director should have an extensive background in outreach building coalitions and/or communities from previous campaigns, government, or an advocacy group. The ideal candidate for the Coalitions Director position will have experience developing and implementing effective outreach plans, managing outreach teams, representing a principal or serving as a surrogate where appropriate, and is dedicated to getting Senator Cory Booker elected President of the United States.
Location. Newark, NJ
Work Environment. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones. This role also requires car and air travel.
Physical Demands. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, talk and hear.
Position Type and Classification. Full-time, Exempt.
Travel. This role will require regular travel.
Other Duties. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Compensation and Benefits. Full-time, competitive salary including benefits such as 100%-employer-paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for all staff, spouses/domestic partners, and their children; employer-paid premiums for life insurance for all staff; 20 accrued paid days off each year; 12 weeks of paid parental leave, and 12 days accrued paid sick leave.
Reports To National Deputy Political Director for Coalitions Cory 2020 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Cory 2020 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.