Director of State Digital
About Cory 2020. Cory Booker is running for president because he believes the answer to our country's common pain is to reignite our sense of common purpose to build a more fair and just nation for everyone.
We're looking for passionate, talented people -- from all backgrounds and walks of life -- who share this mission and are passionate about bringing people together to join our team.
Director of State Digital. Cory Booker’s presidential campaign is seeking a Director of States Digital to serve as the primary point of contact between digital organizing directors in the states and the Digital HQ team. The Director of States Digital will work alongside a team of digital strategists, data analysts, and organizers to assist states in developing and executing their digital organizing programs.
Cory’s message of tackling our nation’s tough problems together means that the Director of States Digital will work each day, with our state and HQ teams, to ensure we’re bringing folks together to create collective power, online and off.
Essential Functions and Percentage of Time.
Strategy consultation (60%)
- Help states develop and execute their digital organizing strategies based on our larger campaign strategy and goals using multiple organizing strategies (relational, distributed, etc.); and
- Serve as an expert consultant on digital organizing strategies including, but not limited to, peer-to-peer SMS, digital voter contact, and online community management.
- Requests may include training, strategy, organizing tools, volunteer management, and more.
Cross-team collaboration (40%)
- Communicate goals between HQ and states to ensure a clear and consistent flow of information; and
- Facilitate digital requests between HQ and the states;Ensure decisions are made for requests in an efficient, strategic manner.
- At least two campaign cycles in digital or organizing;
- Experience both organizing at a state or local level and creating digital organizing strategy for a large organization;
- Familiar with email/digital organizing, communication, and volunteer recruitment best practices;
- Excellent writing and editing skills with strong attention to detail;
- Familiarity with online organizing platforms (e.g. Blue State Digital, NGP VAN, Mobilize, Mobile Commons, peer-to-peer texting, Slack etc.);
- Ability to work under deadline pressure; and
- Ability to work long hours, including nights and weekends.
Other Duties. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Supervisory Responsibilities. This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department or manage volunteers.
Work Environment. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones.
Physical Demands. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, talk and hear.
Position Type and Classification. Full-time, Exempt.
Travel. Less than 10% of the time. Travel may occasionally be required to state offices.
Reports To Digital Organizing Director
Compensation and Benefits. Full-time, competitive salary including benefits such as 100%-employer-paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for all staff, spouses/domestic partners, and their children; employer-paid premiums for life insurance for all staff; 20 accrued paid days off each year; 12 weeks of paid parental leave, and 12 days accrued paid sick leave.
Cory 2020 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.