IT Support Engineer
About Cory 2020. Cory Booker is running for president because he believes the answer to our country's common pain is to reignite our sense of common purpose to build a more fair and just nation for everyone.
We're looking for passionate, talented people -- from all backgrounds and walks of life -- who share this mission and are passionate about bringing people together to join our team.
IT Support Engineer. At Cory 2020, our IT support team is responsible for supporting all aspects of our staff’s technology needs. They’ll work with every part of our campaign team, supporting hardware and software needs here and remotely with our state staff.
Essential Functions and Percentage of Time.
- Respond to support request tickets in a timely and efficient manner (40%).
- Work with staff to follow security protocols, and respond to security incidents in a quick and controlled manner (20%).
- Install and configure computer hardware, software, printers, A/V systems, conferencing systems, and networking equipment (20%).
- Create and contribute to documentation on an ongoing basis (10%).
- Own projects from start to finish, delivering technical requirements, executing on work, and planning for future iterations (10%).
- At least 2 years experience in a technical support role, preferably with a mixture of remote and onsite support experience.
- Experience with a multitude of modern cloud based IT services, like Google’s GSuite.
- Willing to dive in with a no-task-is-too-small attitude.
- Dedicated to getting Senator Cory Booker elected President of the United States.
Supervisory Responsibilities. This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Location. Newark, NJ
Work Environment. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones.
Physical Demands. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, talk and hear.
Position Type and Classification. Full-time, Exempt.
Travel. Less than 10% of the time. Travel may occasionally be required to state offices.
Required Education or Certifications. There are no education or certifications required for this position.
Other Duties. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Compensation and Benefits. Full-time, competitive salary including benefits such as 100%-employer-paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for all staff, spouses/domestic partners, and their children; employer-paid premiums for life insurance for all staff; 20 accrued paid days off each year; 12 weeks of paid parental leave, and 12 days accrued paid sick leave.
Reports To Charles Delavan, Director of IT.
Cory 2020 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.