March States Organizing Director
About Cory 2020. Cory Booker is running for president because he believes the answer to our country's common pain is to reignite our sense of common purpose to build a more fair and just nation for everyone.
We're looking for passionate, talented people -- from all backgrounds and walks of life -- who share this mission and are passionate about bringing people together to join our team.
The March States Organizing Director will lead Cory Booker’s organizing efforts in March electoral states. They will work with the Political, Digital, Organizing, and other Departments to build infrastructure that will turnout voters for Cory Booker in key states.
Essential Functions and Percentage of Time.
Strategy development and execution (50%)
- Develop and drive strategies that will build infrastructure and capacity in staffed and un-staffed states.
- Recruit and develop distributed volunteer leaders
- Build relationships with grasstops leaders in priority states
- Develop and execute virtual trainings
Team Management and Coordination (30%)
- Collaborate with other teams in HQ to maintain an integrated distributed organizing program
- Oversee staff as the March program grows
Systems & Materials Development (20%)
- Facilitate building goal-setting and reporting tools and structures
- Create template organizing tools for staff and volunteers for events including watch parties and canvassing
- Three campaign cycles
- Previous distributed organizing experience or knowledge of digital organizing tactics
- Familiarity with reading data reports and adjusting program accordingly
- Experience with NGP VAN, Google Drive, Slack, and distributed organizing tools
Supervisory Responsibilities. This position has no immediate direct supervisory responsibilities, but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
Work Environment. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones.
Physical Demands. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, talk and hear.
Position Type and Classification. Full-time, Exempt.
Travel. This role requires regular travel to the early states (minimum 30% of time).
Reports To National Organizing Director
Other Duties. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Compensation and Benefits. Full-time, competitive salary including benefits such as 100%-employer-paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for all staff, spouses/domestic partners, and their children; employer-paid premiums for life insurance for all staff; 20 accrued paid days off each year; 12 weeks of paid parental leave, and 12 days accrued paid sick leave.
Cory 2020 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.