National Organizing Director
About Cory 2020. Cory Booker is running for president because he believes the answer to our country's common pain is to reignite our sense of common purpose to build a more fair and just nation for everyone.
We're looking for passionate, talented people -- from all backgrounds and walks of life -- who share this mission and are passionate about bringing people together to join our team.
National Organizing Director. The National Organizing Director will lead Cory Booker’s organizing efforts focusing on key states across the country. They will work with a team of State Organizing Directors as well as digital, data, and other staff to turnout voters for Cory Booker.
Essential Functions and Percentage of Time.
Strategy development and execution (50%):
- Develop and drive strategies that build national organizing efforts with an emphasis on staff and volunteer recruitment and management
- Work with state teams to foster state-specific strategies
- Create in-person and digital trainings that support in-state organizing with an emphasis on the early states
- Conduct regular site visits to oversee implementation and improvement of in-state work
- Serve on the Campaign Senior Staff
Team Management (40%)
- Manage national organizing team
- Collaborate with other teams in HQ to maintain an integrated organizing program
- Work closely with state Organizing Directors
Systems & Materials Development (10%)
- Facilitate building goal-setting and reporting tools and structures
- Create template organizing tools for staff and volunteers for events including watch parties, canvassing, etc.
- At least three campaign cycles
- Primary campaign experience
- Familiarity with persuasion canvassing
- History in Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, and/or South Carolina
- Track record of successfully managing and driving goals, coaching staff, and building a positive work culture
- Familiarity with reading data reports and adjusting program accordingly
- Experience with NGP VAN, Google Drive, Slack, and other online tools
Supervisory Responsibilities. This position manages other members of the national organizing team and is responsible for their performance management.
Work Environment. This job operates in a professional office environment and requires routine travel. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones.
Physical Demands. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, talk and hear.
Position Type and Classification. Full-time, Exempt.
Travel. Routine travel is expected. to states (minimum 30% of time).
Other Duties. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Compensation and Benefits. Full-time, competitive salary including benefits such as 100%-employer-paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for all staff, spouses/domestic partners, and their children; employer-paid premiums for life insurance for all staff; 20 accrued paid days off each year; 12 weeks of paid parental leave, and 12 days accrued paid sick leave.
Reports To Deputy Campaign Manager
Cory 2020 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.