About Cory 2020. Cory Booker is running for president because he believes the answer to our country's common pain is to reignite our sense of common purpose to build a more fair and just nation for everyone.
We're looking for passionate, talented people -- from all backgrounds and walks of life -- who share this mission and are passionate about bringing people together to join our team.
Video Director. Cory Booker’s presidential campaign is seeking a Video Director to lead strategy and execution of its online video program.
Essential Functions and Percentage of Time.
Strategic development (50%):
- Work with the Digital Director to advance the campaign’s goals by translating complex ideas into shareable, digital-friendly videos;
- Work closely with broader digital team to ensure content is appropriate for specific platforms;
- Coordinate with Political and Organizing teams to identify compelling personal stories;
- Manage the production of videos from multiple sources including rapid response, original footage from the campaign trail, and animation; and
- Occasionally work with outside videographers to expand production capabilities and capacity.
- We are a small and nimble team, the ideal candidate will need to be willing to drive strategy while also rolling up their sleeves to shoot, produce, and edit content.
Team support (20%)
- Manage two team members who shoot, produce, and edit video projects;
- Occasionally work with outside videographers and vendors to expand production capabilities and capacity.
- At least five years of professional experience working in digital creative with a focus on video;
- Expertise in filming, editing and producing video content;The ability to conceptually and creatively visualize news content;
- A solid understanding of Democratic values and policies;Strong editorial insights and managerial skills;
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud;
- Experience in political campaigns is a plus;
- Ability to work under deadline pressure; and
- Ability to work long hours, including nights and weekends.
Other Duties. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Supervisory Responsibilities. This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for volunteers or other positions in the department.
Work Environment. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones.
Physical Demands. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, talk and hear.
Position Type and Classification. Full-time, Exempt.
Travel. Travel may be required approximately 30% of the time.
Reports To Deputy Digital Director
Compensation and Benefits. Full-time, competitive salary including benefits such as 100%-employer-paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for all staff, spouses/domestic partners, and their children; employer-paid premiums for life insurance for all staff; 20 accrued paid days off each year; 12 weeks of paid parental leave, and 12 days accrued paid sick leave.
Cory 2020 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.