Senior Content Strategist
About Cory 2020. Cory Booker is running for president because he believes the answer to our country's common pain is to reignite our sense of common purpose to build a more fair and just nation for everyone.
We're looking for passionate, talented people -- from all backgrounds and walks of life -- who share this mission and are passionate about bringing people together to join our team.
The Senior Content Strategist for Cory 2020 will assist with leading strategic distribution, ideation, creation, and execution of social media and longform content. Under the direction of the Deputy Digital Director and the Content Director, this person will also brainstorm ways to grow Cory’s digital audience while working with the Content Director to create a cohesive and compelling narrative that will carry this campaign over the finish line. This individual would also be in charge of managing the campaign’s existing community ecosystem while thinking of ways to engage with voters/potential voters online.
Essential Functions and Percentage of Time:
Social Media (50%)
- Draft copy for social media channels/push content live on channels
- Rapid response to breaking or urgent news items
- Brainstorm and execute content plans for social media platforms that range from day-of (news, responses, evergreen) to long-form (campaigns around policy, trips, etc.)
Calendar Management (30%)
- Manage and update content calendars as needed
- Create and manage social media distribution plan
- Develop overall social media strategy to drive engagement and increase followers
- Create content products based on data
- Submit weekly analytics report on content performance
- Real-time monitoring of metrics to jump on campaign “moments”
- Strong knowledge of social media trends and products to enhance storytelling
- Familiar with digital and social media metrics
- Highly organized
- Proven record of developing and executing social media programs/campaigns
Required Education or Certifications.
There are no education or certifications required for this position.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities, may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, talk and hear.
Position Type and Classification.
This role does not require frequent travel.
Deputy Director of Digital or designee.
Compensation and Benefits.
Full-time, competitive salary including benefits such as 100%-employer-paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for all staff, spouses/domestic partners, and their children; employer-paid premiums for life insurance for all staff; 20 accrued paid days off each year; 12 weeks of paid parental leave, and 12 days accrued paid sick leave.
Cory 2020 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.